37lb male tonight

1trkyhntr

Called in a single on the first stand but for whatever reason it spooked off. Next stand called in two. Killed this male, the 2nd one got away.
I don't know what sound got their attention. I started with Made For Killing howls, then Female Sore Howls, then Vole Squeaks. Vole Squeaks was the last sound that this male ever heard.
IbAP0YP.jpg

That's a dang niceun. CONGRATS on another dead one. Heck of a season for you! Got a question. Do you wait till shoot time to turn on your IR or when do you turn it on I should say?

Originally Posted By: weekenderThat's a dang niceun. CONGRATS on another dead one. Heck of a season for you! Got a question. Do you wait till shoot time to turn on your IR or when do you turn it on I should say?

I have started turning it on at the beginning of the stand, on low power and pointed in the direction that I expect the animal to come from. I leave it on the whole time. I don't turn it up unless I have to. This way (so far) does not seem to bother them as bad as turning it on after they come in.

Thanks for the reply 1trkyhntr, I have started doing the same as turning it on with an inbound coyote has cost me a few shot ops, or that's what I think happened anyway.

Back