And You Wonder What's Been Going on in Our Schools?

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:
Students Advised to Make Events Inclusive for Muslims, Obese People
By
Todd Starnes -
March 8, 2018

The folks in charge of Georgia Tech’s student government have concocted a checklist to make sure student shin-digs are inclusive.

The Cultural and Diversity Affairs Committee, yes – that’s really a thing, recently published an online guide to promote diversity and inclusion. Among their goals is to crack down on toxic masculinity and misusing pronouns.

“We wanted to make students more intentional in ensuring that everyone feels welcome,” Barry Johnson-Smith told Georgia Tech News. “They’re simple guidelines, but we are not really taught about these things.”

For example — students were advised to avoid using chairs that are too small for overweight people. They also recommended that hosts provide a place for Muslims to pray.

The College Fix snagged a copy of the two-page check list — a road map to avoid triggering all sorts of microagressions among the perpetually offended crowd.

“Avoid hyper-masculinity: promoting or assuming a particular standard of manliness,” the list suggests. “Take your own privilege into account.”

So instead of scarfing nachos and watching the big game, guys are supposed to snack on kale chips and sing Broadway show tunes?

Turn in your man card, fellows.

I can only imagine the chatter around the punch bowl and the crock pot filled with cocktail weenies.

Clearly, party and event planning is going to be a challenge for the red-blooded, meat-eating men of Georgia Tech. It’s a mine field of microaggressions.

It might be wise to ditch the grill and serve cucumber sandwiches — maybe with a side of cottage cheese.

But whatever you do, don’t offer the Muslim kid a rack of ribs. That’s a no-no.

https://www.toddstarnes.com/values/stude...s-obese-people/

Regards,
hm

I think one of the biggest problem in the country is that sitting in front of a tv watching a sports game with a pile of junk food and a pitcher of beer has been mistaken for masculinity.

Most these guys sit around drinking a few beers a day, which is just increasing their estrogen levels and giving them man boobs. Then they think they are manly men because they can recite the list of players and jock sizes of their favorite teams.

I work with horses and I've worked around teenage girls with more balls than most men I know.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI think one of the biggest problem in the country is that sitting in front of a tv watching a sports game with a pile of junk food and a pitcher of beer has been mistaken for masculinity.

Most these guys sit around drinking a few beers a day, which is just increasing their estrogen levels and giving them man boobs. Then they think they are manly men because they can recite the list of players and jock sizes of their favorite teams.

I work with horses and I've worked around teenage girls with more balls than most men I know.

Well said.

Me and a buddy hadn't hung out in a while, then one weekend we ended up seeing each other numerous times. Our wives were too tired, or busy with other things to hang out so he said to me, "Want to drink a couple cold ones and hang the insulation and OSB in your garage?" Sure! So, we drank a couple beers, ran some power tools, and got [beeep] done, all the while in 25 degree weather. I swear "men" now a days don't have any idea what makes a man a man, or even masculine. It sure as [beeep] isn't loafing on the couch watching cry baby liberals toss a football across a field or watch a quarterback fondle his teammates nuts.

Back