Super light weight?

If you're just wanting a plain Jane... You can't go to wrong with Palmetto State Armory. The Price is Right and quality is good enough. If you're looking for a tack driver I'd probably go a different direction... Depending on what you wanting to do with it

Far from an expert but you can save weight on things like scopes and mounts, handguards, and a short lite barrel but in the end I put stuff that I want on and they end up heavier than they started out. Really lite stuff can get expensive. I would rather carry a heavy gun than go to the gym.

Colt 6720 is very light and affordable.

I have a 1-4 Leupold Patrol VXR scope that is very light.

If you are wealthy look up V Seven Weapon Systems.

My 16" 6.8 SPC AR is 7 pounds 11 ounces as it sits there.
6 pounds 12 ounces without the suppressor. I could go lighter with a lightweight BCG but it's just about perfect as is. Shoots soft with the adjustable gas key.
I built it for coyote calling contests and have used it in 8 contests. We walk around 8 miles each contest and I never feel the weight anymore. It was almost 12 pounds before I started changing things.

1787.jpg

Forward Controls and V Seven weapon Systems make some very nice titanium parts, but they are not on the cheap side of things. im waiting on a set of titanium take down pins from Battle Arms atm.

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Those Carbon Fiber AR15’s like Omni or Bushmaster are lite

The bushmaster xm-15 qrc is 5.5# w/ alum receivers. I've seen little bad news about the newer Carbon fiber models. If you're building, look into pencil barrel profiles, a simple carbon fiber or very lightweight alum free float forearm, and a lighter stock - biggest weight savings there without huge costs. Lotsa lightweight build threads over at ar15.com. Some guys are getting under 4# bare, but the prices can get pretty crazy....depending what you call crazy.

Originally Posted By: greengt88Forward Controls and V Seven weapon Systems make some very nice titanium parts, but they are not on the cheap side of things. im waiting on a set of titanium take down pins from Battle Arms atm.

+1 for vseven not only do they make some nice titanium parts I just put this lightweight upper together with there 2055 lithium aluminum alloy upper receiver and handguard it also has a RCA titanium BCG and light weight stretch16 barrel, although it isn't super light (7 lbs with the Leupold 1-4 and 8.5 with the Burris 1-8) it handles very nice.

Last edited:
Back