After work coyote

fratri

Went out to visit a farmer and brought my coyote gear with me as I have not seen him in a while and I knew he would be looking forward to a visit.
So after catching up on what was going on in our lives (hour visit), I still had time to run out back and setup. With the field being somewhat frozen, somewhat thawed, the 800 yd walk into my setup location was at times a little tough going.

Once I arrived at my calling location I setup and began calling. It was 6:10pm. I started off with my ecaller playing a soft dying rabbit sound while I screamed out with my hand calls. I only screamed out twice with my hand calls before I spot this coyote in the field running along the bush edge. I moved my shooting sticks into position, yelled out “wolf” gets her to stop broadsided, pull the trigger, opps….safety is on…

By the time I remove the safety and got back onto her she is on the move again, so once again yell out WOLF, she stops again this time she turns slightly toward me. I line her up in my scope and take the shot, down she goes….

I pause, take it all in for a bit before I begin calling out again. I call for a couple of minutes before I realize I better stop just in case another one comes out. Not liking the idea of dragging one out never mind a second….So I walk over to her and just look her over for a minute before I hook her up.

She turns out to be a nice looking coyote, picture doesn’t do her justice as I dragged her across the muddy field before snapping the pictures…

The 800yd walk back was a tough one though…

38834449310_468bd30598_b.jpg

39934826904_1f9da22a19_b.jpg

26773075128_72d37c42c0_z.jpg

Back