Simple calling system

willy1947

Some time I use my smart phone and a blue tooth speaker.
There are a lot of apps to choose from.
I can make a quick set up.

When looking for simple and quick I use a handcall.
smile.gif

The last thing I want out in the field with me is a PHONE.

Being out hunting is a place to get away from the world. There is nothing more annoying than walking to a stand and having your partner stop to answer a call or text.

And as for the safety of having a phone incase something goes sideways, if I can't get out of the situation without a phone, it was meant to be. I'm 71 and have survived a lot of s--t without a phone and am not about to tether myself to the world when I want some solitude, I guess that's why I hunt alone most of the time.

I look at it if you have a safety harness on you will do stuff beyond what you would do if you didn't. You rely on safety equipment to save you not your good sense.

Can you tell I'm not phone addicted, I spend more time looking for the [beeep] thing than on it. I really liked when they were attached to the wall with a wire.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWSThe last thing I want out in the field with me is a PHONE.

Being out hunting is a place to get away from the world. There is nothing more annoying than walking to a stand and having your partner stop to answer a call or text.

And as for the safety of having a phone incase something goes sideways, if I can't get out of the situation without a phone, it was meant to be. I'm 71 and have survived a lot of s--t without a phone and am not about to tether myself to the world when I want some solitude, I guess that's why I hunt alone most of the time.

I look at it if you have a safety harness on you will do stuff beyond what you would do if you didn't. You rely on safety equipment to save you not your good sense.

Can you tell I'm not phone addicted, I spend more time looking for the [beeep] thing than on it. I really liked when they were attached to the wall with a wire.

TIMES TWO------SAME AGE AND FEEL THE SAME----NICELY SAID--------SVB

Last edited:
I like the handcall too. generally get more than electronic.
I will say having a phone has saved my life multiple times.

Back