69 gr .224 Sierra Match King

Chris623

I was gifted 100 69 gr .224 Sierra Match King bullets to try in my 18" barreled AR. I've got lots of load data from reloading manuals and on-line manuals, but I know that experienced reloaders often have data not printed. For example, I've a 30" Hex-barreled 1885 Highwall single-shot rifle I shoot targets with. My favored load is with a magnum pistol powder and magnum primer..................find THAT in a manual!!! So I'm hoping someone will step forward with some suggestions for me to try with this bullet.

Originally Posted By: Chris623Many thanks...........only that link isn't to Sierra.

That's funny. It gives me a PDF of the Sierra Manual.

Greg

yotekiller, I owe you an apology. All I "thought I saw' was two pages. Just checked it again, and sure enough, it's a full 10 pages. Egg on my face..............good thing I like egg!

Originally Posted By: Chris623yotekiller, I owe you an apology. All I "thought I saw' was two pages. Just checked it again, and sure enough, it's a full 10 pages. Egg on my face..............good thing I like egg!

Was that some kind of yolk?.... (VBG)

Greg

It gives me the loading data for an AR15 with all or most of Sierra's Bullets in the .223/5.56 Scroll down or go to www.accurateshooter.com and search a little. They have loads for the AR and Bolt Guns. I clicked on the link and it works for me. Didn't know if some how your browser might be different. Never know with these computers. Good Luck on your loads. If you go to the site look on the left side of the page and click on .223 and it gives a lot of info and a lot of powders used for .223.

Last edited:
If a fellow wants to step on it for speed the Western Powder guys give the 556 level loading data that flat moves those bullets. The 69's is probably one of the best documented pills out there when used as a benchmark in the shooting world for accuracy.

I shot some 77's in an 18" BHW and got 2827 and by moving up to a 24" BHW I got 2991. I pushed the 50's to 3431 in the 18" also.

Greg

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75Originally Posted By: Hunt23.2 gr XBR8208 works excellent in my Tikka T3 .223.

What sort of velocity do you see with that loading?

2705 fps if I remember correctly.

Back