6x6.8 Hornady dies

Originally Posted By: Houser in NCI posted with a few questions a couple weeks ago about the 6x6.8 and I'm still on the fence about whether to get one. I guess it's the question of whether it's a benefit over the 2- 6.8 SPC rifles that I already have. One rifle is set up for varmints/ predators and the other for deer.

One minute I'm ready to click the buy button from Ritch, then catch myself and stop.

Ugh! It's so frustrating! Convince me why I should have a 6x6.8.

Many more bullets to chose from on the 6 especially for varmints and it will reach way out there with a flat trajectory plus it most certainly will do fine on deer.

Greg

Greg

Originally Posted By: Houser in NCI posted with a few questions a couple weeks ago about the 6x6.8 and I'm still on the fence about whether to get one. I guess it's the question of whether it's a benefit over the 2- 6.8 SPC rifles that I already have. One rifle is set up for varmints/ predators and the other for deer.

One minute I'm ready to click the buy button from Ritch, then catch myself and stop.

Ugh! It's so frustrating! Convince me why I should have a 6x6.8.
Will your 6.8 push a coyote bullet up to 3550 to 3650 with less than 6" of drop to 300 yards zeroed at 200? No brainer man!

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: HcboyCome on guys this is going to make shooting and reloading the 6x6.8 caliber just as easy as on other caliber. This will give you the performance of an ar10 platform or bolt gun in an ar15 platform. What’s not to love? So jump on board with this excellent opportunity.

It sure makes life easier but it won't quite bump it up to AR10 level..LOL

Greg
No it won't......the AR 10 will be much heavier
thumbup.gif

Right exactly what Greg said and also for your predator hunting you could shoot a lot lighter bullet that the .277 of the 6.8 wouldn’t have. Correct me if I’m wrong Greg but wouldn’t the 6x6.8 also buck the wind better with the much higher velocity that it has and also have less bullet drop?

Well, I just spent the last 20 minutes speaking with Ritch about the 6x6.8. He was very nice, helpful and answered all of my wildcat rookie questions so, it looks like I'm moving forward on building a 6x6.8 upper.

Since I have 2- 6.8spc rifles I'll break the newest one down and use the parts for my 6mm build.

Still not sure if I want a 18" or 20". The 18" would be more handy but the 20" would have more speed. Most shots are 200 yards or less with a possible 400 yard shot. Opinions?

I just bought BHW American 30 and 6x6.8 barrels.

The 6x6.8 is really a sweet cartridge. I got a 0.75 MOA five shot group my first loading with near full power loads for fireforming.
These are the only 10 rounds I have ever loaded in 6x6.8.
The first shot was 4 mrad high and 3 mrad left.
I dialed in the correction, shot the right group then dialed 1 mrad left and shot the second group. It is going to be boring getting this to shoot.
I may have to use another 10 rounds.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorGot the 10th on another board. Like I said I can order more but I'm not going to make these guys wait any longer than they have to.
Yes. I am the 10th.

It's been two weeks since the 10th guy said yes. Come on guys, get on the stick and get it paid. I'd like to have my dies before my barrel gets here.

I did receive the final payment and will send off the order first thing tomorrow morning. I have already talked with Hornady and we are looking at 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorI did receive the final payment and will send off the order first thing tomorrow morning. I have already talked with Hornady and we are looking at 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Thanks for the update.

Back