Accutrigger or something like it in ar15?

Paccar

Is there anything like an Accu trigger for an AR-15 one thing I still miss on my AR is that trigger like my Savage.

I also like the saftey factor of the blade.

i just installed a RRA Varmint Trigger, and it reminded me alot of the feel of an accu-trigger, almost same take-up, just no blade.

Yup - Rock River two stage triggers are backwards of most. They use a light take up with a heavier solid wall. Other than the blade shape, the pull weights are similar to the Accutrigger sensation.

I have a BTE single stage at 3.5lb I was hoping that I would get used to it and just push through it but yesterday after shooting a hundred rounds at some Sage rats I am convinced that I'm just not happy with the trigger. I think most people would like it I'm just spoiled with accutrigger I guess.

Is there any way to get the Rock River to a little bit lower weight? If I can get something as close to my Accu trigger I'd be tickled to death.

Last edited:
My bolt guns are Savages with accutriggers, also. My AR lowers have RRA 2 stages. They are similar.

I put a spring kit in one of the lowers to lessen the pull weight. Pretty simple upgrade. The other trigger will get it, too.

Just use the Rock River NM 2-stage , you will love it more as you shoot it. Sorry I have NO experience with any Savage Rifles, or the accutrigger, but we have 3 Rock Rivers and the triggers are awesome. I have never been obsessed by trigger weight pulls being a certain #, but I like a smooth trigger and the Rocks fit that .

Originally Posted By: MerditMy bolt guns are Savages with accutriggers, also. My AR lowers have RRA 2 stages. They are similar.

I put a spring kit in one of the lowers to lessen the pull weight. Pretty simple upgrade. The other trigger will get it, too.

Which spring kit did you use on the RR 2 stage? How did it turn out? I'm thinking about doing one

I'm in the process of replacing my RRA trigger. Too heavy. Too much creep. Too much travel. I just don't like it at all, myself...

I've never actually used an Accutrigger to compare to. So I don't know, maybe that RRA is like one.

Have been using two different replacements, trying to decide which one I want to go with. Have put over a hundred rounds each on a Giessele High Speed and a TriggerTech. Killed about two dozen jackrabbits with each yesterday, trying them out in the field.

Either one, is a whole heckuva lot better than the RRA, for me and my trigger likes. I really like them both and would be happy with either one. But they are very different from each other, too.

The Giessele has a long fairly heavy first stage, much like my RRA. It's adjusted to 2.5 lbs on that first stage. But then a pretty light crisp second stage. I have it adjusted for 8 oz. on that second stage. It's at 3 lbs total. Pull through that first stage to the wall, and it's just a thought process to finish letting the hammer go with the second stage.

The TriggerTech, has a much shorter, lighter first stage at 12 oz. It's much less travel and much lighter pull to the wall than the Giessele or RRA. Which, is what I imagine the lawyer blade on an Accutrigger is probably like? Then a very crisp, but heavier second stage which I have adjusted to 1.75 lbs. for a 2.5 lb total weight.

I think of these two, the TT would probably be a lot more like your Accutrigger than the Giessele is, but, have never used the Accu, so, really don't know. It is definitely the cleanest breaking of the three. The Giessele should be able to adjust a bit lower than it though. I have them adjusted with the Giessele a bit heavier, at 3 lb, vs 2.5 for the TriggerTech.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: 1FoxOriginally Posted By: MerditMy bolt guns are Savages with accutriggers, also. My AR lowers have RRA 2 stages. They are similar.

Which spring kit did you use on the RR 2 stage? How did it turn out? I'm thinking about doing one

It was a spring set from Joeboboutfitters. Seems like they were JP. I still need to put in the small coil spring that lightens up the first stage, I didn't have the tools handy when I installed initially. I don't have experience with other triggers to compare to, but I like it.

Maybe the TriggerTech would be more like the AccuTrigger, like DAA describes it, but I've never pulled one.

Those Giessele triggers are pricey. Very pricey. I have one and it is great. Mine is down to about 1.2 lbs. Too light for hunting. Those springs Merdit mentioned for lighting up the trigger pull are JP springs. They help a lot. Can't remember what they cost. Maybe around $11 at Joebobs. I also wish a savage type trigger was available. Maybe someday.

Back