Newbie needs advice..central FL bobcat...Finally got him!

Good job, enjoyed reading your tale. Just an FYI, a Tom will have an overlapping area with 2 or 3 females, you may not be rid of your "Hillbilly Burgler Alarm" eaters.

Lol I like that name for the guineas. It's funny you mention females might still be lurking. The taxidermist told me the same thing last night. Thanks guys!

Originally Posted By: FlbcatTurkey hen decoy did the trick! Saw them on sale at Wal-Mart for $10 so I grabbed one. I figured he loves to eat my guineas & this decoy looked similar enough.

In one of Howard Hill’s books he tells of his early hunting experiences in Florida. He had a native Indian guiding him, don’t remember what their intended game was but someplace along the hunt the old Indian ask “you want shootum bobcat” Hill said yes and asked how they would go about it, the guide simply answered “bobcat likeum Turkey” and with that began a turkey cluck and Howard soon had his first bobcat

Last edited:
That's an interesting story! The taxidermist told me his buddy shot 2 coyote this past week, they were baying up a calf. One of them still had a turkey leg in his mouth. I'll try this hen decoy on the yotes. Neighbor said she saw 4 down the road. I've heard them howling late at night, maybe 3am or so

Nice work. Nice gun too! SBE3? I tried the Hornady Heavy Coyote and Win Varmint x both BB and both 3" in mine. Definitely agree the Winchester pattern better.

Thanks! SBE 2. I was using my Franchi at first but picked up this SBE a few weeks ago. Lnib with all factory chokes for $950! So now the Franchi is for sale lol. I'm very happy with the Winchester varmint x shells. Nice consistent patterns. As you can see, they work!

Last edited:

Very pretty cat. You did well. You gave it a lot of consideration, pondering and planning, got some ideas and excitement generated by fellow members and then put a plan into action. Great job and story all around. Success is sweet.

Back