red lens for mag light

wildbillb02

I tried doing a search for red lens for a 3 D cell mag light but I didnt get any hits. Any body know where I can get a red lens or configure one of my own? Thanks

Go to Maglites website. They have a 3 piece colored lens set for the lite. It works great, I have one for my Magcharger

One of the best innovations that I have ever seen for a flashlight lens in a Butler Creek Blizzard scope cover. Fit the bell of the flashlight to the right size scope cover, paint the clear lens of the scope cover with red dykem, and you have a perfect red lens that can go to white light with the flick of a finger.

I am sure one of the Randys will chime in on this to give a much better explination, but sipmly put there are two theories. The first one is that predators cannot see light in the red spectrum. The other is that the red lens will soften then light and not make it as intense, so the predators (especially coyotes) will not spook as easily.

I just bought the 3 piece lense set from maglight and put it on my rechargable light. Works good.

I'm waiting for my hunt with Randy Watson and see how his Ultra Streamlight flashlight works with the red lense.

Back