Season ender massachusetts Tom **FULL MOUNT PIC ADDED, PAGE 2**

LARUEminati

Was blessed with another cat this afternoon. Last hurrah, season ends next week. Called a stand where i've called in two cats in past years, one out of season that walked and another that busted us and got away without a shot fired. Noreaster just came through so it was quite windy but with a light snow coating it I could sneak around pretty good.

On the way in I cut a cat track, I went ahead and called that traditional stand and came up blank. On the way out I followed the track what turned out to be about a mile into another swampy area bordered by mountain laurel. I got to where he went into the think mountain laurel so I set up there on a little knob. 30 seconds of nutty nuthatch and he came on a full charge for the decoy, 15 yard shot and he tumbled. Nice Tom, just shy of 28 lbs.

Awesome
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: masshunterMount or a Rug ?

Funny you ask, i'm actually thinking about a rug. I have a full mount already, although this one has much nicer spots and a spotted white belly so I may entertain another full mount.

Z, Did they ever open the Bobcat season in n h ? Don't mean to hijack this thread, but it just dawned on me cuz I bought a n h license last week to deer hunt.

Originally Posted By: masshunterZ, Did they ever open the Bobcat season in n h ? Don't mean to hijack this thread, but it just dawned on me cuz I bought a n h license last week to deer hunt.

I'm pretty sure no cats in NH (live free or die). I deer hunt in the Pittsburg area and have never seen a cat track. A buddy of mine has a few pictures of lynx tracks though. I'm sure their's no shortage of bob's up there.

No Bobcat season, they got shut down last year on trying to put on a limited hunt. The lefty's got their drawers all bunched up and went on a rampage. Too bad they don't, I call in a lot of bobcats, they are definitely a different animal, but there are a lot out there as well.
Congrats again Larue, that is a really nice cat!

Back