Pulsar N355 ultra vs Armasight Drone Pro 10x

mjfritz07

I have a FLIR PTS233 that I'm going to be selling, and want a NV/DNV scope. Only reason for this is that I already have thermal (scan with XQ30V) and I really need something that allows me to make 100% identification. Many of my hunting areas are somewhere between suburban and rural. Lots of domestic animals around at times, and I don't want to plug one of them. While scanning I can usually tell what it is by body movements, that's not good enough for me when shooting. Does anyone have any experience with the N355 Ultra or a Drone Pro (10 or 15x)? Is the armasight really worth the extra ~$600? Videos I've found on the Pulsar look really nice for $600 less.....

Im interested in this also. Actually im really looking forward to the Pulsar N230 and N250 Series thats supposed to be coming out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Catdog1Im interested in this also. Actually im really looking forward to the Pulsar N230 and N250 Series thats supposed to be coming out.

I don't see how those can do 30-40x digital magnification with any type of clear or usable image. Unless someone can learn me something.....

Seems like I remember 6mm finding out those scopes are not going to be released in the USA. Maybe he will jog my memory. Would certainly be nice if they were. The Aramasight is older technology and has been around for some time. Ten power is an awful lot of mag for anything except a bait site.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpSeems like I remember 6mm finding out those scopes are not going to be released in the USA. Maybe he will jog my memory. Would certainly be nice if they were. The Aramasight is older technology and has been around for some time. Ten power is an awful lot of mag for anything except a bait site.

Agreed. The US site for pulsar has it listed, but on backorder. So I have to believe the 355 will be available in the US. Hopefully.

Last edited:
It does appear that the 355 and the 960 are the same sensors/electronics. Minus some of the new bells and whistles, but performance wise, it seems to be the same.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpSeems like I remember 6mm finding out those scopes are not going to be released in the USA. Maybe he will jog my memory. Would certainly be nice if they were. The Aramasight is older technology and has been around for some time. Ten power is an awful lot of mag for anything except a bait site.

Yep, that's the word I got, that the scope won't be available in the USA. Can't remember who tod me, but it was from either Pulsar or a vendor. I have asked so many questions to certain people that I forgot who said what.

As to the 10x Drone Pro, like DoubleUp said, that's a lot of magnification. I do know a guy in Illinois that has one and really likes it for the longer ranges he hunts at bait sites.

I’ve got an email in to Sellmark. We’ll see. But the 355 does show up on the US website as on backorder. But, I don’t need all the bells and whistles. I care about range and clarity/resolution. Which, if the same, I’ll take a 960. Anyone know anything about the 770? Is it a better model, because some places have it costing more than the 960.

Originally Posted By: mjfritz07I’ve got an email in to Sellmark. We’ll see. But the 355 does show up on the US website as on backorder. But, I don’t need all the bells and whistles. I care about range and clarity/resolution. Which, if the same, I’ll take a 960. Anyone know anything about the 770? Is it a better model, because some places have it costing more than the 960.

The Pulsar Digisight Ultra N355 is available now...they have just sold out. I bought one to replace the N960LRF I owned. It is better than the 960 is during the day and equal to what the 960 was at night. It also has the rechargeable battery and ability to record video.

Last edited:
I am using this digital recorder via the external mic and the sound off of my Helion. I start recording on the N355, Helion and this digital recorder as soon as I am ready to leave the truck. If the stand was dead I just delete all the recordings when I get back to the truck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014658DHQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MYPPPE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a pain to match the sound up to the N355 but it works. I put all the content in Adobe Premiere CC 2018 and find the shots in the sound files.

Here is an example of the Helion, 2 N355 scopes and the audio recorded from the digital recorder.

Last edited:
Back