Does this scope need some kind of light?ATN X-Sight II Smart HD Optics Rifle Scope

rudymontana

Does this scope need some kind of elimination??ATN X-Sight II Smart HD Optics Rifle Scope. I was under the impression that you turn it on and it is good to go? Rudy

It has to be coupled with an IR illuminator which comes with the scope when purchased new. The X-sight II can be used in the daytime as a daytime scope without the illumination required at night.

Last edited:
I have this same unit and contrary to what many people post, the scope and the IR light that come with it are quite nice and effective. When the light is dialed in and mounted properly I can see wood fence posts out past 400 yards. When I say mounted properly I mean that the light should be mounted out towards the end of your barrel and the beam should be focused fairly tight. I actually have the beam on mine set as tight as it will focus. This is to prevent the IR light from hitting any parts of your gun and reflecting back to the scope. When this happens the view sucks because it's washed out really bad and you can't see squat.

If I had it all to do over again though, I would buy the 3-14 version of the scope. I rarely, even during daytime use, ever go above 14x magnification with mine.

Another word of advice is this. The scope should have come with a sunshade and lense cover with a hole in it that is about 1/4" in diameter. During daytime use, use both. ESPECIALLY the lense cover with the hole in it. It makes a world of difference in picture clarity.

Originally Posted By: LittleAndyI have this same unit and contrary to what many people post, the scope and the IR light that come with it are quite nice and effective. When the light is dialed in and mounted properly I can see wood fence posts out past 400 yards. When I say mounted properly I mean that the light should be mounted out towards the end of your barrel and the beam should be focused fairly tight. I actually have the beam on mine set as tight as it will focus. This is to prevent the IR light from hitting any parts of your gun and reflecting back to the scope. When this happens the view sucks because it's washed out really bad and you can't see squat.

If I had it all to do over again though, I would buy the 3-14 version of the scope. I rarely, even during daytime use, ever go above 14x magnification with mine.

Another word of advice is this. The scope should have come with a sunshade and lense cover with a hole in it that is about 1/4" in diameter. During daytime use, use both. ESPECIALLY the lense cover with the hole in it. It makes a world of difference in picture clarity.

My 3-14 did come with the sun shade and aperture but the hole is about 1/2" instead of 1/4". I use it day and night the same.

Thanks gentlemen for the information. Looks like I will probably get the new ATN 4K 3-14. They are available now on Optic Planet and other outlets. Rudy

Originally Posted By: weekender. My 3-14 did come with the sun shade and aperture but the hole is about 1/2" instead of 1/4". I use it day and night the same.

I took Weekender's advice and also use the aperature piece both day and night. It works fine that way.

What is the new 4K supposed to cost?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Originally Posted By: weekender. My 3-14 did come with the sun shade and aperture but the hole is about 1/2" instead of 1/4". I use it day and night the same.

I took Weekender's advice and also use the aperature piece both day and night. It works fine that way.

What is the new 4K supposed to cost?

I’m seeing $699 for the 3-14

Back