My Night Stalker Tripod review

1trkyhntr

I've owned and used the Night Stalker Tripod for about a week now so I
thought that I'd take some time to post my initial impressions for anyone who might be interested.
I own two other tripods so I do have something to compare it to.
This tripod, at it's price point, is very nice.
Until now I have always preferred cam lock adjustable legs but the friction locks on the Night Stalker are very smooth. I like them.
It is made in China but I really looked it over and it appears to be very well made. I can't find anything to complain about as far as quality goes. It is very stable and easy to use. This is the first Carbon Fiber tripod that I have ever used and I am very impressed with the rigidity comparative to the weight. It comes in at about 5.3lbs with the Pig Saddle. Compared to 8.1lbs for my my Manfrotto and over 14lbs for my Caldwell Magnum the Night Stalker is very easy to carry. If you go with a direct mount instead of a clamp style you can shave almost another pound.
I bought it thinking that it would be a spare for my laser setup when I have other hunters using my main rifle but I have found myself using it as my primary tripod because it is so light and stable.
To sum it up in three words, I like it.
I paid $270.00, I think that they had a price increase of about $20.00 since then but at -$300.00, IMO, if it holds up it is a very good value for someone who wants a very serviceable tripod at an affordable price point.

I got my Night Stalker tripod today. I was really impressed with it also. Did get to fire off a couple rounds off of it. Can't wait to put it to the real test. Seems really beefy for only 4 pounds.

Night Stalker PRO Review.../images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif

"Just took the Pro Tripod out for it’s maiden trip to the range. Shot out to 400 yards without missing a shot. I absolutely love that tripod!

I shoot in the Bushnell PRS Series and am the Match Director at NEKF&G for the PRS Division. Many of the big sponsored shooters who shoot at our matches have the RRS tripods. I anticipate after showing off the Night Goggles Pro Tripod at out next match I would anticipate you may get bombarded with orders. Many of the non-sponsored shooters look for a solid ROI on products they buy with their own cash. A $2,000 tripod is out of the question for most but the Pro set up you have offers the quality and price most shooters can justify.

Thanks for a quality product at a reasonable price!"

Tim O’Toole
PRS# 2503
Match Director NEKF&G

Back