Called bobcat

ANF Hunter

Last weekend I was out hunting coyotes and managed to call in this big bobcat. He came in to juvenile red fox distress and got to within about 15 yards of the call. Eventually he saw me fidgeting around and left a lot faster than he came in. Sorry I’m no videographer, all I had to record was my phone. Take a look.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mxYePlf4v0s

Last edited:
i guess it was compressed or something because it actually turns out to be a pretty terrible video. i'll see if i can improve it

Once again it is proven that "curiosity killed the cat". We've called them in and killed them using the famous FoxPro Platinum Gray Fox Distress. They say bobcats come slow and cautiously, "NOT ALWAYS" I killed one this year that I was standing over looking down at and my remote timer showed only 3 minutes 30 seconds into the stand. He flew in at high speed.

They are not hard to call in at all. But they are hard to hunt and find....once you positively locate one's home range, persistence will take him.

Every bobcat encounter gives me a thrill whether I shoot it or not. My wife and had one stalk our turkey decoy for 20 minutes and then attack it. Season was out but we got show none the less.

Like Sonny said, they don't always come creeping in. One time I shot a bobcat that was running hard toward the sound of a raccoon fight sound. Another time I called one with a doe bleet mouth call. I thought a buck was approaching to the sound of the call due to the noise that cat made in the leaves.

Back