Why only 5 million?

Just reading an article about the NRA, it stated that the membership is 5 million.

Why is it only 5 million? In a country of 330 million I know there are more active gun owners and shooters than 1.5%.

Its time for those on this forum and others that own guns, that use guns, that value the 2nd amendment to step up and join. What is a yearly membership, $35? I bet most here spend more than that on ammo in a month.
Please spare me the "they send out too much stuff", all you have to do to not get solicitations is to tell them to stop. Spare me the "they sold us out on issue x ten years ago". The ONLY entity that fights tooth and nail for our 2nd amendment rights is the NRA. Other groups may be in the fight, but they do not have the clout, and there is no harm in being affiliated with more than one pro 2nd amendment group.

Sign up your kids, your wife, your buddy at work. We need to show the left and the gun grabbers that we are not a small minority, that we are united and we are strong in numbers.

Too many free loaders among hunters/shooters who are content to let others do the lifting for them. Some of them are on Predator Masters.

Either way it's up to us to help do something about it. Anytime I'm in a situation or conversation with a person involving guns I try & fit it in. If we all made that simple effort it truely could make a difference. It's not like cold calling. Anyone who owns a gun or is into shooting / hunting is already almost there. The price of a box or two of ammo is worth it to have folks backing us up in the legislative arena.

well, there's this reason or that reason or the other reason, but those of us who are members have always been a small minority.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishwell, there's this reason or that reason or the other reason, but those of us who are members have always been a small minority.

Seems to be the American way Stu. Apathetic.

Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: Stu Farishwell, there's this reason or that reason or the other reason, but those of us who are members have always been a small minority.

Seems to be the American way Stu. Apathetic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless those riding on the wagon get off and help push, guys & gals, this one could very well end up very differently than all of the past attempts to nullify the 2nd Amendment have. As Paul Harvey used to say, "It takes more to pull the wagon than can ride on it."

Regards,
hm

Heard ya the first time masshunter
grin.gif
. Kudos to your club.

Just found a great deal on NRA memberships for anyone considering signing up. Go to ShootingUSA.com and follow the link at top to sign up for NRA. Discounts across the board. ShootingUSA site says a life membership through them is $1000 but when I got to the signup the price was only $600, good through March 15. I can't imagine a better deal anytime soon so now is the time to make that commitment.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishwell, there's this reason or that reason or the other reason, but those of us who are members have always been a small minority.

Never could understand why there aren't more than 5 million members, makes no sense! It sounds like a large number, but it is miniscule compared to the number of gun owners. It's a [beeep] shame!

some don't want to be on a list

some are pissed bc they got fund raising phone calls or spam mail from them

some are pissed bc they don't agree with them on some issue at some point in time or another

some think the nra is too hard core

some think the nra isn't hard core enough

some think that they don't need to join bc it isn't needed, nothing is going to happen any way

le sigh

So true.
So pathetic.
Glad there are those of us that truly value our 2nd Amendment Rights and the Constitution to stand up for them, and preserve them!

Originally Posted By: quickbloodSo true.
So pathetic.
Glad there are those of us that truly value our 2nd Amendment Rights and the Constitution to stand up for them, and preserve them!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Regards,
hm

too many freeloaders out there are willing to ride the coat tails of those who gave us their freedom so we could have ours. Visit the military cemeteries, better yet visit any cemetery and see the little flags or read the inscriptions of those who gave it all.
Those are our real hero's. Now do something about it. Join up.

well, I really don't think I've EVER seen us under attack like we are right now. Trump might go squish on us, congress as always is where it's won or loss. and if congress critters think they don't have to worry about screwing us over, oh well.

if now isn't good enough to get someone to change their mind, I don't know what it might take.

I joined after this crap.

I never did because I never took the time to look into the NRA enough to know if I really agreed with them on the details. Anymore that doesn't really matter, they're fighting the battle.

many gun owners probably don't join because they don't view the issue as straight principle like many of us. They are trying to find middle ground, trying to understand "common sense" legislation. They believe there is a gun show loophole because that's what they hear, they wouldn't mind a ban on 30 rd mags because they don't need them for their hunting. Many wouldn't even mind a ban on ar15s.

I hope Trump doesn't let us down, I know my Congressmen won't be the last men standing against tyranny. I haven't received a response from my correspondence, I think they're tired of hearing from me.

Back