CNN Reports FOUR Broward County Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacred

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:
BREAKING: CNN Reports FOUR Broward County Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacred
Michele Eve Sandberg/Corbis via Getty Images
ByBen Shapiro
@benshapiro
February 23, 2018

On Friday, CNN issued a shock report finding that earlier reports regarding Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy Scot Peterson — the armed school safety officer who apparently cowered outside the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School while a mass shooter slaughtered 17 people inside — were accurate, but that Peterson wasn’t the only officer waiting outside. According to CNN:

When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

So there were four armed officers outside the school. And none of them did anything, according to CNN. They instead waited for Coral Springs police to lead the charge inside.

What’s more, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum apparently chewed out Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel over that malfeasance on February 15 — more than a week ago. Which means that Israel knew full well that his own office had botched everything dramatically when he stood on stage with CNN’s Jake Tapper and a crowd of angry parents and community members and blamed the National Rifle Association and Dana Loesch for his own horrible failure.

Goodrum told CNN:

Given the horrific events of that day emotions were running high and the sheriff and I had a heated moment the following evening. Sheriff Israel and I have spoken several times since and I can assure you that our departments have a good working relationship and the utmost respect for each other.

This is repulsive. Israel should resign from office immediately. And CNN should be ashamed of itself for having allowed this self-aggrandizing political grandstander to shift blame onto people who had nothing to do with the shootings.

RELATED ARTICLE:
Quote:Children are dead not because millions of good citizens own AR-15s, but because dozens of pathetic incompetents and cowards in a position to do something instead did nothing. All the misdirection in the world isn’t going to change that inconvenient fact.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27523/bre...paign=position1

Regards,
hm

Sounds like inept training plus jelly donut soft guts.
cursing.gif

The shooting lasted about 6 minutes, the 3 that were not on campus couldn't of been of any help at all. The school resource officer, it all depends on where he was on campus, that school is huge with 3000 students. By the time the 3 off campus deputies arrived, Cruz had already dropped his weapon and joined the other students in exiting the area. The resource officer, I think he should have went in.

"What’s more, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum apparently chewed out Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel over that malfeasance on February 15 — more than a week ago. Which means that Israel knew full well that his own office had botched everything dramatically when he stood on stage with CNN’s Jake Tapper and a crowd of angry parents and community members and blamed the National Rifle Association and Dana Loesch for his own horrible failure."

IMO, Sheriff Scott Israel is most to blame for the botched law enforcement work which could have and should have prevented this shooting. It's been widely reported that Israel's deputies went to the shooters home numerous times in response to complaints and tips about the shooters violent threats. It was sheriff Israel's deputy that hid safely outside the school while the gunman was shooting kids inside the school. It's interesting to note that Israel is a Democrat from New York City. WOW!!

If that’s accurate, bet there’s a big vicarious liability lawsuit coming. I’d hate to be a training officer or in the supervision and command staff of that department. I bet the head of the snake goes before long.

Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: crapshootNeed a more reputable source than CNN.

Fake news!

True, but ya gotta give them credit for this report, which goes against their natural anti-gun narrative.

Originally Posted By: CNN

When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

which is usually something like this

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishcops have no legal responsibility to protect anyone.

That may be true but the police do have a moral, ethical and professional responsibility to protect:

POLICE OFFICER OATH OF OFFICE

I do solemnly swear that I am a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Florida and have all the qualifications as required by the Charter for the position upon which I am about to enter; that I will support the Constitution of the United States, the Constitution of the State of Florida, and the ordinances of the City of Fort Lauderdale; that I am not a member of any subversive group or organization, and that I will faithfully perform the duties of the office upon which I am now about to enter. So help me God.

I'm not excusing them, just stating a fact.

for decades I've had people tell me that we don't need our own guns bc we have armed police who will protect us.

I've always said, no, they don't. this is not only an opinion, it's been taken all the way to the USSC and settled.

well, after last weeks Coward County Sheriif's dept's "erformance", anyone who ever had any doubt about that should now have that doubt settled.

those deputies just stood outside behind cover and listened to those people being killed. how the [beeep] they can live with that is something I doubt I will ever understand.

They no longer protect and serve they simply enforce.

They are trained to do nothing until they have enough numbers and firepowder on their side to vaporize the nearest person with something that looks like a gun.

From the Broward County, Florida Sheriff's Department:

Nature of Work
This is law enforcement and public safety work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Employees in this classification perform work in varied law enforcement assignments, including but not necessarily limited to, motorized patrol, traffic control and enforcement, preliminary and follow-up investigation at crime scenes, courthouse and port security, vessel patrol, scuba diving, K-9 handling, serving writs, other court process actions, and assistance in public safety education and community service programs. Work involves an element of personal danger and employees must be able to act without direct supervision and to exercise independent discretion in addressing emergency situations. Work assignments and instructions are received from an administrative superior who reviews work methods and results through observation, reports and conferences. Incumbents perform essential class functions as outlined herein according to functional area of assignment. Performs related work as directed

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerThey no longer protect and serve they simply enforce.

They are trained to do nothing until they have enough numbers and firepowder on their side to vaporize the nearest person with something that looks like a gun.

I believe you are mistaken Rock Knocker. That policy was changed several years ago for active shooter situations.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI'm not excusing them, just stating a fact.

for decades I've had people tell me that we don't need our own guns bc we have armed police who will protect us.

I've always said, no, they don't. this is not only an opinion, it's been taken all the way to the USSC and settled.

well, after last weeks Coward County Sheriif's dept's "erformance", anyone who ever had any doubt about that should now have that doubt settled.

those deputies just stood outside behind cover and listened to those people being killed. how the [beeep] they can live with that is something I doubt I will ever understand.

You and I are in full agreement on that. I remember when the SCOTUS decision came out that basically said the police do not have a responsibility to protect individual citizens. That was a legal decision intended to mitigate liability for government jurisdictions. Can you imagine the field day the leftist trial lawyers would have every time the police failed to prevent a murder?

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishapparently Coward County didn't get the word on that

The change was implemented in 2012 I believe. Coward County didn't want to get the word.

'The fundamental change is that law enforcement officers are training in Immediate Action Rapid Deployment (IARD) tactics. This is a rapid-response tactic where responding officers take immediate action to confront a threat – as opposed to attempting to control a threat.'

Back