RCBS auto priming tool

kooman

Can I use my hornady shell holders with this? It's the one with the single arm and the primer tube that flips forward. Thanks

I would sure think so. I use Redding shell holders on my rcbs rockchuckerII. Let us know how you like the rcbs bench tool.

Mine works best with RCBS shell holders clocked to 1900. Lyman and Lee don't line up well enough to get in a rhythm.

Last edited:
If your talking the bench mounted tool most other shell holders will not line up in mine. Just have to try them and see

I have a hornady press, and most shellholders are all Hornady. I use the RCBS autopriming tool, and they all work fine in my unit I bought a couple of the primer tubes for each size primer and just keep them loaded up.
I have it mounted to my bench solid, as you get going the repetition makes for consistent primer seating, plus I am a bit taller so I set up up for the proper height to make it comfortable to use.

Originally Posted By: 1FoxIf your talking the bench mounted tool most other shell holders will not line up in mine. Just have to try them and see

It's weird right? The center hole is just enough different that the spring-loaded primer sleeve hangs up.

Ok, so this got me wondering so I bought a few of RCBS shellholders, 308/223. 308 definitely lines up better than the hornady, biggest thing I noticed was there did not seem to be as much slop side to side with the primer sleeve. It is a noticeable difference and I don't seem to have any bad primer seating issues. Now on the 223 shellholder, I could not get it into the press, seems the machining is just off a bit. I could tap it in with a hammer, but that just seems not correct, and I bought 2 shellholders, tried both with the same results. Thoughts??

Back