Pulsar XP50 Zero Issues and Info

Here is an example of my last miss. I had successfully harvested 3 coyotes this evening before this shot. Temp changed by about 20 degrees from the start of the night. This coyote is approximately 100 yards, broadside and played the game perfectly. This is the scope image when the shot broke. Is the shot placement perfect, not perfect but pretty good. This is a dead coyote that should have been in the back of my truck that is still alive because of POI shift. My gun is a sub-moa gun, and misses like this are not supposed to happen.

We had three of those misses take place last weekend. Video show perfect when the gun goes off. Frustrating to say the least. I have one or two other misses this year as well that shows a good point of aim when the shot breaks.

Last edited:
WOW, I'm really glad I've waited to buy. This is completely unacceptable. I really hope this gets fixed by summer and Pulsar/Sellmark isn't just blowing smoke up our !&#)@. I truly hope the new ones hitting the market now do not have this issue. I really wish PULSAR would put out a public statement on the issue and tell us how it will be resolved, they completely owe everyone a explanation who has purchased these units. I understand there are guys that are happy with these units, but its temperature related, thus people in Texas are not going to have as many issues as the guys in N. Dakota. Word of mouth on this forum isn't good enough to me to spend 5k. I think some of these big dealers on this forum need to give us a real explanation if Pulsar will not. These dealers are selling faulty units. I'm strongly considering Trijicon now.

Originally Posted By: Brad BaranouskasWOW, I'm really glad I've waited to buy. This is completely unacceptable. I really hope this gets fixed by summer and Pulsar/Sellmark isn't just blowing smoke up our !&#)@. I truly hope the new ones hitting the market now do not have this issue. I really wish PULSAR would put out a public statement on the issue and tell us how it will be resolved, they completely owe everyone a explanation who has purchased these units. I understand there are guys that are happy with these units, but its temperature related, thus people in Texas are not going to have as many issues as the guys in N. Dakota. Word of mouth on this forum isn't good enough to me to spend 5k. I think some of these big dealers on this forum need to give us a real explanation if Pulsar will not. These dealers are selling faulty units. I'm strongly considering Trijicon now. Oh calm down. They are newly released units and the bugs are still being worked out. You havent even got an investment in this issue other than "Youre Conssidering" getting one. Like many new computerized products that hit the stores, sometimes there are issues that arent detected until people really put it thru the test.

Pulsar is a fantastic company and is working hard to resolve the issue, just as any good quailty resonable company would do. I guarantee you Pulsar wants the problem fixed ASAP because there are many people waiting in line to get there hands on a unit.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong the new Pulsar units look amazing with all the great accessories, but when your spending this kind of $ you would think Pulsar would field test these units properly before they release to the pubic, instead of us as the consumer to field test for them. That’s why it’s unacceptable to me. And I do own a Pulsar Quantum XD38A, I can only imagine how frustrated people are right now.

Originally Posted By: Brad BaranouskasDon’t get me wrong the new Pulsar units look amazing with all the great accessories, but when your spending this kind of $ you would think Pulsar would field test these units properly before they release to the pubic, instead of us as the consumer to field test for them. That’s why it’s unacceptable to me. And I do own a Pulsar Quantum XD38A, I can only imagine how frustrated people are right now.

I appreciate your input and I think I've done enough rock kicking for all of us.

I'm relaxing some as Sellmark, Pulsar, TNVC, and Night Goggles have all reacted with a positive attitude and are working to get it fixed. When the dust settles, I'll have a thermal... might not be an XP50, but I'll have a thermal.

I just wish Pulsar suspended selling/delivery of the units when it became known... which apparently was well before I ordered and received mine considering the cost.

Just a question and I have not read all of the posts on the Pulsar POI shifts. How many people who are having trouble with the POI shifts are using more than one battery? What I am asking is do you have a spare battery or use a Helion battery and interchange those batteries?

Or is it only happening with the larger IPS10 battery? Or are you sighting in with one battery and using another battery for hunting?

Just a thought.

Originally Posted By: vetman1Just a question and I have not read all of the posts on the Pulsar POI shifts. How many people who are having trouble with the POI shifts are using more than one battery? What I am asking is do you have a spare battery or use a Helion battery and interchange those batteries?

Or is it only happening with the larger IPS10 battery? Or are you sighting in with one battery and using another battery for hunting?

Just a thought.

I'm using just the one that came with the thermal.

Originally Posted By: vetman1Just a question and I have not read all of the posts on the Pulsar POI shifts. How many people who are having trouble with the POI shifts are using more than one battery? What I am asking is do you have a spare battery or use a Helion battery and interchange those batteries?

For me the battery has nothing to do with it. However, I typically have the same battery in for both sighting in as well as for hunting. I actually have 4 batteries. I have a Trail XQ38 and a Helion XP38. Both came with the standard 8 hr (IPS5). In addition, I purchased an extra IPS5 and IPS10. It doesn't matter which battery I have in. I did have a theory for awhile maybe the voltage was changing with temp changes, so I tried shooting with a warm battery, turned off the scope, replaced with cold battery, and shot again and POI stayed perfect. I can turn the unit off and on 10 times, take the scope off, NUC it as many times as I want and put it back on with my ZRODELTA mounts and it stays perfect. Temp drops 20 degrees, and the POI starts to drop, and no my loads don't do this with a standard scope.

OK... made a phone call today... my unit is being shipped back to me tomorrow.

All I really got was they froze it, thawed it, etc., etc., etc. I believe he said at one time he detected some movement...

He told me they were uploading new firmware then sending it back.

God I hope this solves my problem.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOK... made a phone call today... my unit is being shipped back to me tomorrow.

All I really got was they froze it, thawed it, etc., etc., etc. I believe he said at one time he detected some movement...

I hate to say this but it seems like they really didn't pin down what caused it. Sounds like they just took a couple wild guesses with the firmware

Originally Posted By: Catdog1Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOK... made a phone call today... my unit is being shipped back to me tomorrow.

I hate to say this but it seems like they really didn't pin down what caused it. Sounds like they just took a couple wild guesses with the firmware

I kind of got the same feeling.

Got my unit back yesterday. Headed to the range now... it's about 45-degrees right now and will warm up to about 60. Perfect for this as this is probably our last cold snap for the year.

They repacked my box with an EXTRA battery, charger, and cord... I did not send the charger and cord initially and even pointed it out to them.

They also included a different mount that is shorter than the original... it is no doubt a USED mount as it had plenty of signs of wear... thanks I guess.

I do appreciate the other extras and hope this unit holds zero... updates to follow.

First shot on upper 2 1/2" square was low right. Made a change of 2 to both X and Y thinking it would produce the needed 2" change... it moved WAY more.

Made a change of 1 to both X and Y and shot the lower square and while the elevation responded favorably, the L/R went back to almost the same as before on shot 3.

I made no changes for shots 4 and 5 yet it moved a good 1 1/2 left. L/R appears good,

Made a change of 1 down and fired shots 6 & 7... I'm now on the 2 1/2" square target at 100 yards.

Not sure about the results... will wait until later today and see where she is.

The target is clear... Ray Charles would have no problem seeing it. Mount appears solid.

Last edited:
OK... another zero session. 3pm, 60 degrees.

First three were about where they should be...

Adjusted 1 number down and shot a fantastic group shots 4/5/6...

Fired 7/8/9 without any adjustment, just slightly left, but taking into consideration sight picture I think it's totally acceptable....

Adjusted 1 number right, fired 10/11/12 which two were left of center but not bad, they are right of 8/9 with elevation fine and 12 pretty [beeep] close to center.

So for today, I will give the unit a PASS for both responding to inputs as they were made as well as holding zero from this am throughout this afternoons shooting session.

I stayed in the shade to prevent the sun from having any negative effects.

Now... if I come back to the range in a couple days and this thing hits the 2 1/2" square I will be quite pleased.

Last edited:
Back