How come no one has mentioned the recent shooting in Florida?

Originally Posted By: NdIndyI'm still trying to figure out how taking bobs gun keeps Jeff from being crazy.

The liberal answer is to take EVERYONES guns. So deprive and punish Bob because Jeff might be crazy. You know, "we're all in this together, it's for the children."

Reminiscent of the elementary teachers' mentality who kept the whole class in when one student misbehaved.

Regards,
hm

grady and the sentinel program. he has some pretty stiff requirements on who he'll certify to be armed.

and an even shorter one on allowing armed staff:

Originally Posted By: NdIndyI'm still trying to figure out how taking bobs gun keeps Jeff from being crazy.

Same way taking bobs money to give to jeff will keep jeff from being poor...

You see, there are more "jeffs" than there are "bobs" that are voting right now.

It has nothing to do with "logic"

This is the world we live in, accept it because it is here to stay. Regardless of what side of the gun argument you fall on, restricting firearms or firearm accessories will solve nothing. The FBI or any law enforcement agency is under no legal obligation to protect. A moral obligation, yes, but not a legal one.

Can schools be made secure, yes. Can workplaces be made secure, yes. Can you protect every mass gathering event or location, maybe to some degree, but not really. They will simply change target areas and/or weapons.

I'm curious as to what you fellers suggest as a realistic solution OR rather how much of a tax increase are you willing to pay to make this happen? It should be a discussion about money, not new legislation.

Last edited:
The discussion is about where to put the money. Mental Health would be a nice start. The money is there, somebody has to have the balls to stop supporting a bunch of domestic deadbeats, third world chit hole countries and useless organizations like NATO.

When people think its not a "People Problem", in Tulsa today,they had three school scares. A 15 yr old saying he was going to shoot up a school posting on FB. And two others blowing crap about shooting up a school. Of course they were just joking!! But the cops aren't. They plan on sticking it to them pretty good. Hope they do. But its a gun problem isn't it?????????

Real solutions mostly depend on the federal government getting out of the way except to assist or grant some funding, but not all. GC has it right, there is plenty of money in Washington already, redirect it.

The parents of the kids in the school, through their school board, should decide the security measures to be taken at their school. If the feds want to have grants available to help offset costs of hiring security guards, or putting in metal detectors, bulletproofing some areas, etc, then it's something to consider.

One size does not fit all. How many times do we cuss the federal government, from both sides of the aisle for their incompetence? For favoring one group over another? That's why the logical solution is for the federal government is to get smaller, not larger, and allow states and local authorities to decide most issues themselves. How much more money would local communities have if federal government was smaller, and didn't need to waste a trillion dollars every year?

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhen people think its not a "People Problem", in Tulsa today,they had three school scares. A 15 yr old saying he was going to shoot up a school posting on FB. And two others blowing crap about shooting up a school. Of course they were just joking!! But the cops aren't. They plan on sticking it to them pretty good. Hope they do. But its a gun problem isn't it?????????

Seems like school bomb threats are pretty common also, OH it was just a joke HA HA HA, yea it's only a gun problem!

I agree with littledog, this is the world we live in and it is only going to get worse. The mouthpiece for the corporation has instilled an atmosphere of fear and divide to a point that half the population see armed guards in schools as a solution, before seeing it as another step towards a deeper police state. And the other half of the population wanting to do away with firearms and blindly put their trust in safety into the hands of the US government. The real shot callers, the men behind our elected political puppets have been making progress for quite sometime now, giant strides as of recent. Our government has silently achieved checkmate on the original purpose of the 2nd Amendment, yeah we can still bear arms but one would be delusional to think a militia armed with AR-15s would stand a chance against the military or law enforcement.

This is a few years old, but it has been going on for longer:

The federal government ain’t going to do sh*t except pass more ridiculous gun legislation. And they will only do so to get re-elected. If will fall on the states to organize and fund it. I ask again, if they put it in front of the voters, which they should, how much more are you willing to pay to secure these soft targets?

My guess is most people will not vote for a tax increase to secure public schools.

Wondering, if they somehow manage to secure the schools, if one of these phycos will then decide to attack a school bus that's filled with kids. Getting to the point that they need to cover the all the bases which may not be possible.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to secure ALL public places ALL the time. This thing is a people problem - period. It's a societal issue, not a hardware issue.

no one wants all teachers armed.

my idea is simpler: lift the gun free school zone ban for adults. any adult who is legal to carry & wants to may do so on school grounds. admin, grounds staff, bus drivers, crossing guards, parents, teachers. anyone who doesn't want to doesn't have to but ones who are willing to take the responsibility may do so.

no one has any idea who is armed but it's possible that any adult in the vicinity may be.

Stu, you have a very good point. Utah doesn't have any gun free school zones for public schools. And there are lots of teachers here that carry every day. Heck I always carry when I go to my grandsons school functions. Very few places in Utah you cannot carry.

Back