ATN X-Sight II Smart HD Optics Rifle Scope 5-20x Day/Night Digital Night Vision

rudymontana

ATN X-Sight II Smart HD Optics Rifle Scope 5-20x Day/Night Digital Night Vision Matte. Has anyone on this site used or owned this Night vision scope? What do you guys think of it? Any real problems??

Thanks Rudy

I own the 3-14 power x-sight 2. I upgraded the ir to a coyote reaper and I really like it so far. I also run kentli batteries in it instead of the external power supply. I haven't had a problem yet.

Also own the 3-14 power x-sight 2 and use kentli batteries.
These batteries are amazing & different technology than most AA.
I leave mine at 3X most of the time & would feel limited with 5X minimum.
As far as the controls go, wish it had fewer bells & whistles, imo.
They have a new form factor (PRO model?) that may solve the stiff focus issue - that is the major con for me.

Look at the new Photon RTs as well. Similar features but Photon has a better reputation, in my opinion, than ATN. ATN’s release of their First X- Sight was a complete fiasco.

Last edited:
I’ve had the 3x14 since January and Have used it 3 times so far. For the money I like it a lot, I have the atn ir 850 pro Illuminator and it works great as well. Had no problems with it

I do agree with bob atl on it having to many bells and whistles. I use it to shoot predators and record the shot. That's about it. I don't use the wifi, gps, or the range finder. I can easily identify a coyote at 400 yards with the reaper ir. Also, the one shot zero worked great for me. It saved me some ammo and it holds zero really well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlAlso own the 3-14 power x-sight 2 and use kentli batteries.
These batteries are amazing & different technology than most AA.
I leave mine at 3X most of the time & would feel limited with 5X minimum.
As far as the controls go, wish it had fewer bells & whistles, imo.
They have a new form factor (PRO model?) that may solve the stiff focus issue - that is the major con for me.

Two things you can do to greatly help if you have stiff focus issues with the X-Sight II. Remove the set screws securing the focus knob. Remove the focus knob. With a knife or similar tool, remove any excess paint from the inside ring of the focus knob. Apply a small amount of lube to the inside of the focus knob such a reel grease.
Lastly you can add this $7 after market knob

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Focus-Knob-upgr...=item33e0b9da91

which just presses (tightly) over the factory focus knob. After this, focusing should be easy with just 2 fingers.

Last edited:
6mm06 and I both bought the $7 knob to add on. I know I like mine not sure about 6mm06. I think there were 3 of the set screws you had to take out to get the original knob off to clean it out.

I’ve been looking into one of these as well. Thermal isn’t a realistic option any time soon and just using lights for now. They have a new version to be released soon. Prices on the X Sight II may go down when the new ones hit the market.

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight4k-pro-day-night-rifle-scope-3-14x

One of my worries is that the image would be to busy with all the gadgets it offers. Is all of that stuff always visible or can you turn it off?

I have used it on a few day hunting trips and night trips. IR is not legal in my state so I did use it at night just not for coyote hunting. I highly recommend getting a battery pack. I am not a big battery pack guy but this thing eats batteries. With a $30 10,000 Mah battery, you could run this for 20+ hours. I have the 3x14 as well. Honestly, the only time I ever zoom is to site the gun it. 3x is more than enough zoom. In fact, I wish I could go down ever further. I run my typical glass scopes between 4 and 6x, but at 3x it is even hard to see hard chargers with the ATN some times. I can't imagine 5x plus using it at night. For me the pros are outstanding video quality, tons of features, and a decent price.

There are Cons though as well. Even after lots of firmware updates, it is still a little glitchy. I switched my battery pack last year from their battery pack to an Anker and this helped. It still froze on me one time as I was pulling the trigger on a coyote this fall. I had killed 6 or 7 coyotes in a row with it, and then just as I pulled the trigger, the scope locked up and I missed the coyote. Pretty frustrating. Focus knob as others have said is too sticky, great tip weekender. Customer Service is very poor. I sent a question via their website support system about an ATN binocular more than 6 months ago and still haven't gotten a response. I know I could ask again, but it just affirms what I have heard about their support.

AdamT, you can set the display to Minimal and you will see only a few of the key icons. If you like to tinker with technology, an OK option if you get a good one. If you just want something simple to kill stuff at night, I would look elsewhere.

Back