Bushnell Engage

shelton573

Just curious if anyone had any experience with these scopes? I have never owned a bushnell and some of the features seem pretty nice for the price point. Let me know what you think if you have used one.

I have one that haven't mounted or shot with yet, quality seems fine, but the crosshair is pretty fine; probably too fine for low light calling/shooting conditions.

I have one on a 223 Wylde AR and I like it. I have several high end scopes and the glass is not those, by any means, but is still decent enough. The parallax knob on mine is really stiff, but then loosens, and then gets stiff again but it works. The crosshair is very fine, but measures accurately at full magnification. I have not conducted anything scientific, or close to it, in regards to tracking but the scope holds zero, tracks accurately and returns to zero (within the rifle's accuracy) everytime. For what I paid, I definitely can't complain.

I looked through one a couple of days ago. The crosshairs are a little fine but, I felt they were still OK. The clarity was also pretty good. But, as always your eyes might feel differently.

Can't speak for the Engage, but yesterday a customer walked in with a new Bushnell Extreame Trophy 4/16 x44 with 30mm tube. He wants it mounted on his Tikka T3x, it has a Vortex 4/12 on it now. I took it out and pointed it down on the river 350 yds away and was blown away how crisp it is! After he left the shop I grabed another customers rifle that has a Bushnell 6500
on it that cost triple what he paid for this Extreame. There is no way it is 3x better or 2x better and it seriously would be struggling for my eyes to see even 2% better! The side focus numbers were closer on the Extreame, clicks on the turrets similar, it is rezeroable by two set screws, FOV similar all thru power range. Side to side eye box relief same, eye relief was a whisker better on the 6500 series, but really other than that one feature that could favor a big recoiling Magnum. Up to 30/06
sorta recoil it would honestly be hard to beat this scope at its price point. Optically it's there with what cost a grand 10 years ago! Optically it is very well done. Comes with their DOA 600 reticle. I ran it up and down a couple of turns both ways and it
Tracks fine on the boresighter ? I think they hit a big home run on this one!

I have handled the Engage series. I was not impressed. Turret clicks were very rough, yet springy. The Engage was put together as a price point, over quality. I got that first hand, from the horses mouth. A lot more to the story than I will comment on here.
I have used the elite series over thirty years. The engage will have a long way to go to gain my trust.
Each individual's eyes are different. So we will see things different.
I was always told to never buy a car on an over cast rainy day. These are the best days to buy optics and compare side by side. Blue bird days, they all look good.

I refuse to by glass that I have never looked through before. Ends up like my online shoe buying experience. The picture, description and item not up to par, let alone size. Then it cost you a bunch to send it back.

To the OP, I suggest if at all possible for you too look these over in person.

I bought 2.5-10 on sale at midway last week and did the 30% off rebate with bushnell.
SO far i like it. Crosshair width is 0.18moa on it, so it is pretty fine.
Mounted this one on a 6x6.8 so ill get to see how it fairs tomorrow hopefully. I do like the turret locks.

url]

This for $350 is what I like very much about it.

The new Deploy™ MOA reticle features 1-MOA windage and elevation hashmarks, and can reach short and mid-range targets.

I`m thinking this would go nice on top of my Grendel;)

Last edited:
I bought a 2-7x and a 4-12x on a sale. I mounted up the 4-12x, but haven't gotten the 2-7x on, yet. If the weather would hold, I'd get to the range and try them out. They look pretty clear, and better than the Vortex I'm replacing. Both were really inexpensive, so I thought I'd give them a try. The only complaint so far is that the 2-7x came from Bushnell missing the front scope cap.

Zeroed the 2.5-10x44 Bushnell on my Savage MSR15 Patrol with a ADM Recon mount. It really surprised me on how clear it was. Just did a quick 200 yard zero and blasted with it.
The other 2.5-10 i put on the 6x6.8 and took it out to 600 yards from a 100 yard zero and no complaints. Next time the wind isn't 40+mph i plan to try it again out to 300 or 400 yards with the 85gr SGK.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Originally Posted By: HogThumperI bought a 2-7x and a 4-12x on a sale. I mounted up the 4-12x, but haven't gotten the 2-7x on, yet. If the weather would hold, I'd get to the range and try them out. They look pretty clear, and better than the Vortex I'm replacing. Both were really inexpensive, so I thought I'd give them a try. The only complaint so far is that the 2-7x came from Bushnell missing the front scope cap.

What vortex are you comparing it to? Thanks!

Back