Hoc ski triple

Snowshoes

This morning was travel by Hoc Skis to watch some well traveled coyote trails. With hands occupied with ski poles, the rifle was packed hands free with an Outlaw sling ( the Outlaw sling was so kindly sent to me from Displayed Name
thumbup1.gif
)
Where I sat:

The first coyote to fall victim to the 223. (102 yards)

The next two coyotes to fall victim to the 223.(169 & 171 yards)

Outstanding job, but I want to see the picture of you sking and pulling the coyotes behind you. That should be a winter olympic event. Again congrats to what had to be a very tiring morning hunt.

Originally Posted By: lockrotorOutstanding job, but I want to see the picture of you sking and pulling the coyotes behind you. That should be a winter olympic event. Again congrats to what had to be a very tiring morning hunt.
LOL, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it to the podium on this new winter olympic sport. Turtle speeds probably wouldn't cut it.

Originally Posted By: LodgepoleGreat Hunt .and photos !
Thank you Lodgepole, Sitting on trails is O.K. but calling them in is still more exciting

Originally Posted By: emptymag51, 52, 53???
yes, that is correct
Originally Posted By: fratriNice, WTG.... Glad to see you still hitting them well
Congrats
I'll likely go till the end of February ( maybe a weekend into March??)

Glad you got some use out of it.

For ones wondering, I put the sling up as a prize for the hunter that had the best ratio of coyotes recovered that were shot that season. Pretty sure it was 80 some and I’m not sure he lost a single one.

Originally Posted By: Darrel WytonNice,well done. Clear,cold fresh air,deep snow,that's quite a hobby!

Thank you, its not a hobby for everyone but for all of us that partake, its a great way to get out and get some exercise.

Originally Posted By: Displayed NameGlad you got some use out of it.

For ones wondering, I put the sling up as a prize for the hunter that had the best ratio of coyotes recovered that were shot that season. Pretty sure it was 80 some and I’m not sure he lost a single one.
I think I may have lost one that year.... it was a good year
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Sask trapperNicely done! Better get them now cause fur will be done soon
Seeing more & more rubbed one as of late, will be shutting it down soon

Back