Wicked or EWT Light?

GoldenPredator

Finally breaking down and going to replace my Nite-Lite Tracker head lamp. I am looking at either the EWT or the Wicked lights with Red LED. Any advice on which one is more reliable? How about which one would mount to a hat better? The nite-lite tracker has served me well for many many years but I am tired of the cord and wearing my hat sideways.

Go cordless and get the EWT XLR100 from Whiteknuckle.

I have bought 3 EWT lights from him and not a problem with any of them (I do like the GREEN better than the Red)

Jeremiah,

thanks for the info. Is it possible to turn the light while it is mounted to the hat? I use the lit for both scanning and shooting with a shotgun. With the Nite-Lite I would just wear my hat tilted so that when I shoulder my gun the light would be pointed right down the barrel. Is it possible to "tune" the mount so that the light will line up correct with the gun when shouldered?

GoldenPredator,

Yes, My mount is completely clockable where ever you want it pointed and it stays there. This was the main reason why this system was made in the first place..

Jeremiah

Never used a wicked light I have all ewt lights and have never wanted or need anything else! Jeremiah is a great guy to deal with!

Another vote for the Kill light from Jeremiah, and I mean the Kill light from Jeremiah. You wont beat his customer service so if you are going to get a Kill light I will repeat, the Kill light from Jeremiah. I actually have his predator pack which I believe contains the scan light setup. I'm not sure how I lived with it so long normally hunting alone at night.

+1 on all that Kel said and more.. i have four ewt kill lights three 250 and one 100. had problem with a bat and charger from another co and good old Jeremiah ofered to help even [beeep] he didnt sell it to me. now you cant beat that.

I realize this is an old post. Just wondering if there is any updated info. Is the Wicked Scanpro a better option......I am assuming that it was not available when this originally posted.

night eyes scan light for me--used one of the mentioned lights for 3yrs. & it can't compare with the night eyes that I bought last winter. Battery life on the NE is fantastic (8hrs + at the intensity that I use). the other one maxed out at 2-1/4hrs with 3000mah batteries.

Back