44 ammo

parson

Bought a SRT integrally suppressed 77/44 but waiting for the stamp. In the mean time slowly trying to put together some subsonic ammo. If any have experience with something similar or experience with the Engel ammo that SRT recommends I would like to hear any pros or cons, thank you

I have a 77/44 that I had cut to 16" and loaded up some subs while I was waiting on my SiCo Hybrid. Just got the Hybrid recently so I haven't played with it much. Is your SRT a ported barrel to reduce velocity? If it is then my loads may not work for you.

Originally Posted By: GreyhunterI have a 77/44 that I had cut to 16" and loaded up some subs while I was waiting on my SiCo Hybrid. Just got the Hybrid recently so I haven't played with it much. Is your SRT a ported barrel to reduce velocity? If it is then my loads may not work for you.

No idea how it’s built, didn’t know there was an option with SRT

I'm pretty sure the integrals have short (8"-9") barrels inside the suppressor and I think some are even ported. It doesn't really matter though, it should only make it easier for you to keep things subsonic. I can PM you some of my loads when I get home if you would like. What are you going to do with the rifle, hunting, range toy?

Originally Posted By: GreyhunterI'm pretty sure the integrals have short (8"-9") barrels inside the suppressor and I think some are even ported. It doesn't really matter though, it should only make it easier for you to keep things subsonic. I can PM you some of my loads when I get home if you would like. What are you going to do with the rifle, hunting, range toy?

I’m going to guess it is short, that I believe is why operator cannot take it apart for cleaning, if I could take it apart it would require two stamps. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Intended purpose would be hunting, at least that’s the excuse I used to justify it, am not a plinker. My kids all have suppressors so I thought I would join them. If I can ever justify thermal, I may try night time coyote. At 76 I may be dead before my stamp comes

If I can find my notes I'll try to PM you some info tonight for a starting point. May be monday, we're packing for a short hunting trip. I will say the sub loads are going to be fairly short range just due to the trajectory being not great. Some kind of bullet drop reticle might be handy, I have a Burris Droptine on mine which has a useful reticle that is not too cluttered up.

Originally Posted By: GreyhunterIf I can find my notes I'll try to PM you some info tonight for a starting point. May be monday, we're packing for a short hunting trip. I will say the sub loads are going to be fairly short range just due to the trajectory being not great. Some kind of bullet drop reticle might be handy, I have a Burris Droptine on mine which has a useful reticle that is not too cluttered up.

Distance and tragectory should be no problem for an old handgun hunter and steel shooter

I haven't began to load for my suppressed SBR'd TC Contender but in other calibers I've loaded subs for I have started with a 11-1200 fps load with the fastest powder/lowest charge weight and had really good luck around 950-1000fps to account for the cooler days. I plan to shoot 300 grain hardcast bullets over Bullseye, Unique, or hs6 depending on accuracy/sd/ES and how smokey it is.

Originally Posted By: SturgellatOSU to account for the cooler days.

This is pretty important if you want silent loads. CCI SV (1070fps) is very quiet in my 22lr until it gets cold, then I get the CRACK! I'm guessing I will have to shoot for no more than 1000fps to keep it quiet in the winter.

Last edited:
Back