FLIR's NEW PTQ136 (BREACH), Lightest Hand Held Thermal Released!

Victor_TNVC

1/2 Dozen Breach units arrived. Sold out in a few hours. Next batch due in a couple of weeks we're told.

A few pics of the simple helmet mount solutions ($85-$90) for folks who want to roll that way. These will be on our web site in a few days. Also, the Wilcox dual mounts and our newest RQE solutions will cost ya $800+ to play with duals of NV and thermal but they will NOT fuse like you think...More on that later. For now enjoy the newest pics and I can try to answer any Breach questions. I am pretty stoked these FINALLY released, been waiting awhile since the original units I worked with was in early 2017. Resolution still looks spot on like the units I worked with earlier in the year. This unit will be the lightest hand held spotter out there (7.4oz) and also a great tool not only for the hunter but the rural LEO's tool box.

https://tnvc.com/shop/flir-breach-ptq136/ (The new BREACH will also come with a FREE TNVC Thermal Battery Remote Cradle system as well with every purchase.

Some comparison shots with the entire PTS/PTQ lineup. The other new thermal scopes (PTS536 and 736) will be released in a few months or less.

FLIR_Thermal_Comparison-2-460207.jpg

breach_sl5-459959.jpg

20180221_143008_resized-459941.jpg

20180221_141606_resized-459942.jpg

20180221_140019_resized-459939.jpg

20180221_143235_resized-459940.jpg

Pretty easy to see how the lens size affects the FOV at basal magnification in the photos!

The 75mm lens really loses a lot of FOV at 100 yards.

Those will really be great for rural LE departments to catch the bad guys!

Originally Posted By: SkyPupPretty easy to see how the lens size affects the FOV at basal magnification in the photos!

The 75mm lens really loses a lot of FOV at 100 yards.

Those will really be great for rural LE departments to catch the bad guys!

Yeah, I had to blink twice when I read the spec sheet and then used the scope...Can you say 3 degrees!

I love LFOV's...Thus we love the T-70's!
thumbup.gif

640 Boson cores have already been produced by the silicon foundry in Santa Barbra and have been released to other division products.

The hunting division has to work up the specific software/ hardware applications for the new cores to fit their specific application, ie buttons, menus, reticules, etc.

Most likely later this fall before the end of the year.

This is a seriously tiny, super lightweight, very powerful thermal scanner.

I consider it a big disappointment from the originally announced optic, the Q14B. What we got was a 25 percent price increase and the loss of weapon mounting capability.

Originally Posted By: NightvisionaryI consider it a big disappointment from the originally announced optic, the Q14B. What we got was a 25 percent price increase and the loss of weapon mounting capability.

That was a marginal to poor TWS setup, glad they dropped it.

NEW RQE universal bridge. BREACH on one side and our TNV-14 on the other. Good way to scan with one of the other. While expensive, the RQE gear is pretty amazing in the versatility dept.
https://tnvc.com/?s=RQe&s_cs=true

Bridge_f1_dual-468260.jpg

You can also flip both units up if needed to go to your TWS. In this case depicting two of our TNV-14's.
Bridge_f2_pvs14-468265.jpg

I've been running the RQE dual bridge all season, with my VYPER 14 and Patrol M300. Definitely superior to anything Wilcox I've used.

Originally Posted By: skinneyI've been running the RQE dual bridge all season, with my VYPER 14 and Patrol M300. Definitely superior to anything Wilcox I've used.

Is the IR patrol + vyper14 setup too heavy for stalking and moving around easy?

debating between IR patrol or Q14b 640 with 2x lens for ID at longer ranges. Already have a mkIII for really long range ID.

Originally Posted By: Hard_wareOriginally Posted By: skinneyI've been running the RQE dual bridge all season, with my VYPER 14 and Patrol M300. Definitely superior to anything Wilcox I've used.

Is the IR patrol + vyper14 setup too heavy for stalking and moving around easy?

debating between IR patrol or Q14b 640 with 2x lens for ID at longer ranges. Already have a mkIII for really long range ID.

I don't believe it's too heavy, personally.

Yea, just got my IR Patrol in and used a couple 30rnd mags as counter weight.
RQE bridge and I 3d printed a pvs 14 dovetail mount. ( waiting on RQE OSS mount to come in)

Picture is just like a B/W camera during the day, but it's pitch black out. Resolution is mind blowing, but so is price . I wish Trijicon would correct the eyepiece to a optically correct 1x view like the PVS14. I may have a lens built to make this happen. Design flaw from my point of view for a helmet mounted monocular to not be a true 1x view when its's just a lens issue.

I wonder if the Breach is a true 1x view ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hard_wareYea, just got my IR Patrol in and used a couple 30rnd mags as counter weight.
RQE bridge and I 3d printed a pvs 14 dovetail mount. ( waiting on RQE OSS mount to come in)

Picture is just like a B/W camera during the day, but it's pitch black out. Resolution is mind blowing, but so is price . I wish Trijicon would correct the eyepiece to a optically correct 1x view like the PVS14. I may have a lens built to make this happen. Design flaw from my point of view for a helmet mounted monocular to not be a true 1x view when its's just a lens issue.

I wonder if the Breach is a true 1x view ?

Wow, two 30 rd mags...This is getting like PVS-21 weight on the your melon with a Kevlar helmet, you're looking at 7-8LBS with the Patrol and PVS-14. Standard Carbon helmet around 4-5 pounds. But still a lot of weight with counter balance (a must in these front heavy loads).

Breach is VERT close to real 1x. More OSS mounts in next week btw.
cool.gif

Back