Cursed gun?

seasley

Has anybody ever had a gun they couldn’t kill nothing with?

I just built a 25 DTI and I swear the thing is cursed!

I make stand after stand and either I don’t see anything, or something doesn’t go right when I carry my 25 DTI

When I use my actual cAlling AR I built, I kill something, pretty much gaurenteed

Just wanted to see if I am the only one in the world to have this kind of luck

Do you talk to it? Ones that give me trouble I threaten them with "a gun shows in town next week end, don't make me take you there". Sometimes it works.

Been there done that. And once that cycle with a weapon starts it seems like I can't reverse it. On the flip side once you gain confidence in a particular rifle it's hard to miss it seems.

I had a 6.5 Grendel a couple seasons ago I hunted with, 18" barrel. I killed several with it but missed more than normal including an easy 150 yarder. I've come to the conclusion that I just like longer barrels and shoot better with them.

You better let me test out that DTI for a while and make sure it's on the money.

It looks like you bought one of those "liberal" ARs into this world. We don't need any of them contaminating the gene pool.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1badsheeIt's cursed, I'll make the drive over and take it off your hands free of charge.

Heck, I know Scott, he should just let me take it and get the miss's shot out of it. Even live close by, I'll even come and get it for free.

Lol I haven’t thought about it, but every time I say something like: “I’m going to kill something with this rifle” and make it my mission to use that weapon to take whatever it is, I just have the hardest time. When I just grab one and go out I never have a hard time connecting.

Probably not a proper break in job. Roll it in the snow, bang the snow off on a tree stump, leave it in the vehicle cold for a few months, add scars, fall through the ice, bang the ice off with the nearest tool and a tree stump and most important of all hold it in front to keep brush out of your face. [beeep] guns these days are just like kids, treated too well.

New gear juju is a bummer. We count on not seeing things when we take out new equipment. I think it must be the vibes we give off with new gear. I have had the same problem with my 16in 6.5 grendel that I built for my suppressor. SUPER accurate, nice to shoot, light and easy to carry. At first I didn't see any coyotes. But I stayed at it, resigned myself to the grind and now I am seeing them but haven't put fur down with it yet. My 20in 6.5, racks them up. I put them next to each other in the safe, hoping maybe the good juju will transfer over.

I always hate wearing or using new stuff when hunting. Feel like its bad juju. Probably a mental thing but its always there haunting me. When I take a new item hunting, I always make sure I got plenty of old stuff thats broke in along with it.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI always hate wearing or using new stuff when hunting. Feel like its bad juju. Probably a mental thing but its always there haunting me. When I take a new item hunting, I always make sure I got plenty of old stuff thats broke in along with it.

If service animals can sense oncoming panic attacks, seizures and other maladies, I don't think it's a far stretch to say that coyotes can feel anxiety about new gear. When I take out new hunters, I always tell them to relax on stand. Don't stare too hard, focus too much, just relax and become part of the landscape. Ever notice how coyotes can feel when you are watching them, then they look up right at you? There is something there.

Hehe, my .25 DTI is the exact opposite! It’s a magnet, and a hammer!

You have to say that, your selling them.

Last edited:
Back