Rock River Fred Eichler Predator

dave will have his new machine gun decked out like this before you know it.

geared_out_AR15.jpg

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotdave will have his new machine gun decked out like this before you know it.

geared_out_AR15.jpg

Naw... I never use a bipod.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotdave will have his new machine gun decked out like this before you know it.

geared_out_AR15.jpg

Naw... I never use a bipod.

- DAA

That's called a kick stand. Keeps the rifle at the ready and out of the dirt so you can keep your shotgun in your hands for those hard chargers.

Benelli shotguns and AR15's... Next thing ya know Dave is gonna trade that Jeep in on a red sports car!

Originally Posted By: GCBenelli shotguns and AR15's... Next thing ya know Dave is gonna trade that Jeep in on a red sports car!

ok I am going to predict it. I am going to say it here on the record that dave is going to have a love affair with his AR15 on coyote stands. that its only the beginning of a bunch more [beeep] being bought. embrace the dark side, its calling.

Followed by ditching the shotgun idea alltogether and instead using a 2-10x scope on his wildcat 6mm AR15 for an all-purpose coyote gun.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGFollowed by ditching the shotgun idea alltogether and instead using a 2-10x scope on his wildcat 6mm AR15 for an all-purpose coyote gun.

be careful with predicting too far into the future, its just too much for a guy like him to be able to handle.........give him time.

I did put a VX5 2-10 fire dot on the RRA... Could be a bad sign. Hard to imagine falling in love with the .223 on a coyote stand though
laugh.gif

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAI did put a VX5 2-10 fire dot on the RRA... Could be a bad sign. Hard to imagine falling in love with the .223 on a coyote stand though
laugh.gif

- DAA
A Shilen 6DTI is calling your name. 55gr NBT @ 3550 fps.

Originally Posted By: LONEHOWLGhillie suits and night vision are next! Stop resisting!

thats funny what do you mean next? I know he has dabbled with both actually. ARs come in more flavors than 223. as they say once you go black you don't go back.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOG
A Shilen 6DTI is calling your name. 55gr NBT @ 3550 fps.

Sounds a lot better than a 50 gr. bullet at ~3300 fps. That is for dang sure. But, I'm used to running those 55 NBT's at 4250 fps. With bona fide consistent, repeatable sub 1/2 MOA accuracy. So, 3550, well, you know, I'd take it over what the .223 can do, but it's still awfully pedestrian.

A big stumbling point for me, about anything other than the .223 in an AR, is I can't get too enthused about prepping wildcat brass, especially expensive wildcat brass, just to fling it away in the sage brush after one use. I'm even less enthused about making the rifle wear a purse
laugh.gif

Especially since I'm running suppressed and the spent cases are so filthy. I'd have to tumble them or something before I'd let them touch one of my dies. And use lube. And FL size. I never do any of that stuff for my high performance bolt guns. And I just don't want to monkey around with all of that crap just to run my machine gun.

I'm loading armory prepped once fired LC brass. That stuff can stay wherever it lands and I won't miss it. If I can find a cheap store bought load that the rifle likes, I might skip loading for it altogether. Haven't ever used store bought centerfire rifle ammo before, ever, in my life, but I'm strongly considering it for the AR. For general purpose use, at least. If I'm going to hunt coyote with it, I imagine I'll have to eek out what little there is to eek out of it with a hand load.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: GCBlack Hills 60 gr. V-Max...

I bet it would shoot well enough. The 60 Vmax with two different powders produced solid sub MOA five shot groups. Googling it though, looks like about 70 cents a round, which is more than I'd want to spend for general purpose ammo. Ordered some Fiocchi and AE 50 gr. stuff to try for about 37 and 40 cents a round, more in line with what I'd be willing to spend for general purpose ammo. Will have to see how it shoots.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAOriginally Posted By: GCBlack Hills 60 gr. V-Max...

I bet it would shoot well enough. The 60 Vmax with two different powders produced solid sub MOA five shot groups. Googling it though, looks like about 70 cents a round, which is more than I'd want to spend for general purpose ammo. Ordered some Fiocchi and AE 50 gr. stuff to try for about 37 and 40 cents a round, more in line with what I'd be willing to spend for general purpose ammo. Will have to see how it shoots.

- DAA

Ae black box 50 grain tipped varmint is my favorite general purpose load. It’s a 50 grain BT. It’s slow prolly be lucky to hit 3 grand from your gun. I have killed a coyote with it at in excess of 340 yards with 1 shot. Shot probably 20 others with that load. It does ok compared to other stuff. My truck gun is currently sighted in for it

Back