I want a new hand call for bird distress, a pretty one!

Thanks I’ve done a lot of looking, just know you can’t judge a book by its cover. Anything of yours come to mind?

You can't go wrong with a Red-F from Rare Earth. Endless amounts of pitches and sounds from varying volumes of air. You can pick one of the many exotic woods that he works with to make it "a pretty one".

I also have a bird distress from Catwhacker that works very good as well. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps and good luck.

Originally Posted By: bckillerYou can't go wrong with a Red-F from Rare Earth. Endless amounts of pitches and sounds from varying volumes of air. You can pick one of the many exotic woods that he works with to make it "a pretty one".

I also have a bird distress from Catwhacker that works very good as well. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps and good luck.

Thanks!

Like Rudy said, look around. Any of the open reed calls in the custom call forum will do what you want. Want a certain wood? Contact one of them. Rudy (Badtothebone) makes a good one.

Ohhhh heck I knew I was missing something, lol. Lots of stuff over there thanks. Somehow I’ve never been to that forum!!

I have three of Robert Patrick's Magnum calls and they are outstanding quality and looks. One of his red f models is definitely on my short list to acquire. I'm sitting here on the couch and played his video in the above post and all three of my house cats came flying down the hallway to see what was going on!

I can turn one in any wood, or put the voice in any call,Mag, or HSB the price depends on how exotic the stock a small call in maple would start at $30
I do not get over here much, have my hands full with the Wifes recovery 24-7 right now will be back in the shop around April still have some calls on the shelf that I could put a RED-F voice in

Last edited:
Back