Call preference

I use a foxpro and love them. All of these calls will get the job done!

No posting to work around the sensor (Reb8600)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy with my numerous custom hand calls (most from makers here on PM) and FoxPro Shockwave. I hunted with a guy who uses a LD and it seemed like a nice call, but other than a couple stands I have no experience with one.

I run a Foxpro Shockwave in conjunction with custom hand calls I've got from makers here. I had given some thought to trying to find a LD revolt to try, but with the announcement of the soon to be released new sounds from Foxpro and their new business partner, I'll probably just add some of those sounds and keep on keeping on. I really like the Shockwave with the dual pivoting speakers plus all the great features of the TX-1000.

Originally Posted By: Bad DawgFoxpro CS24c here and many custom calls from makers on PM. Had an Icotec call at one time but sold it. It didn’t sound as good or as loud as the similar Foxpro call I had at that time.

If I was just starting out and didn’t want to spend a lot of cash in the beginning, I would purchase this call........

http://www.cabelas.com/product/FOXPRO-Patriot-Electronic-Call/2519383.uts

Can I ask what Icotec you had? I just ordered the GC500.

Last edited:
I like my Johnny Stewart PM4 for many reason and dislike it for the sound cards that they sell and I use because a lot of the cards only hold a few sounds and some card have the same sounds at other cards.

I also like to use the FoxPro Shockwave with all it's neat features and speakers. I like the lithium battery packs.

I'm using my Fox pro less and less, but only because it is very difficult to see the call list after dark. At 57 my eyes are not good for reading without glasses, even if I go to the large view the soft red background is hard to see.

Primos Alpha Dogg - I find it to be pretty decent, but not super loud.
I have an older J.S. that is not wireless. I found out the other day that I can plus the J.S. speaker into the Primos call, and that sounds very good. Haven't hunted with it yet though.

I started with a record player for my first e-caller(45 rpm the original CD) and have progressed through a whole gamit of calls, cassetts, CD's, sound cards (Steward & Western Rivers), homemade callers and they all called predators. My all time favorite is the Minaska M-1 Bandit(still use it successfully because of it's size, simplicity, reliabillity and ease of operation). I added a FP CS-24 because of it's light weight and size compared to my Minaska open country. I won a FP Crossfire and use it as a back up because the remote is the same as my CS-24 so I have nothing to relearn when I need to use it.

I've never been happy with the FP remote, hate scrolling and cant read the screen at all without my glasses and don't wear them on a stand. The only reason I like the CS and Crossfire is I can keep all the sounds I use on the Pre-Sets and never have to use the scrolling selection. For sounds I want not on the presets I have a cheatsheet in my bag with the numbers of the sound and I can punch them in the numercal keyboard on the remote.

Last edited:
I had a Johnny Stewart PM that worked ok but the call card would need to be reseated after awhile. Bought a Fox-pro and haven't looked back.

Been using the CS24C for the past year or so. Great caller and highly recommend it, especially if you link it with an additional external speaker.

The shockwave is also very good as a buddy has that one.

Killed my 1st with a homemade. Still use it some when calling crows. It is one LOUD beast if I crank it up.
Moved up to a FoxPro Scorpion X1A. It's what I use most now. I just add a speaker or two if I need more volume.
Someday maybe a Fusion. My eyes are getting old and I think the newer remote may be just the ticket for that.
Sometimes, if I'm not gonna be traveling to far from my car; I use an old Johnny Stewart cassette caller. I think it's the 512.

Been using a Foxpro Banshee but more and more just been using hand and mouth calls. less to carry, set up and don't worry about batteries

Back