Scope rings

ksduckhntr

I am looking for scope rings for a Remington. Looking to try to save weight but not loose quality. looking to save a little weight and not add a rail. What options are out there other than Talley? Or are they about it?

I have tried rings from warn, leupold, weaver, BKL, Talley and probably some others I can't think of. The Talley lightweight are my favorite, and my go to if they are available.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1badsheeTalley and dnz have been good to me.

Both worked great for me.
The DNZ’s just seemed kinda clunky compared to Talleys.

Ill part with the masses...I have had the Talleys, and I like them OK. I have come be a fan of the Burris XTR two piece bases and Leupold PRW rings for most things, although I did recently pick up a set of the Vortex Pro Series rings which may replace the PRW as my favorite LW ring.

I use Talley's on everything. Just put some vortex pros on a 22 mag cause they were available local and they're pretty darn nice. Maybe my new go to.

I've used a bunch of talley lw's over the years and have had a few pairs fail. For me, the next step up in "toughness" are leupold dual dovetails. They are lighter than a lot of options, but heavier than talley lw's, but also are stronger. You are talking a matter of ounces at this point. But if toughness is your highest priority then a properly mounted pic rail and rings are going to be the best bet. And you are still talking in a weight difference of ounces in the end.

Originally Posted By: ksduckhntrI may just need to go with a pictanny rail and some NF ultra light rings. My budget is going to be around 200 for the optic's mount.

Seekins makes good rails and rings.

I like EGW for rails and stuff. Give them a call they are nice people.
I like A.R.M.S mounts also and Burris rings, Xtreme rings.
Ask them for some tape to put in you bottom half, so your scope will not slip.

Back