Anniversary firearms

pyscodog

Been shopping around for a new shotgun and ran across a Remington 1100, 200 year anniversary. Its absolutely gorgeous. C grade wood, gold inlays, but kinda pricey for an 1100 Remington.My question is, as long as it doesn't get beat up,(primary use is skeet/wobble trap) is it worth the extra money and will it hold its value?

To maintain any special collector value. most "Collectors" never even work the action on an "investment" type weapon. As wikman indocated, once you have shoot it, it is a used weapon and while it still allows a certain amount of personal pride and style on the range, usually not worth the additional cost, unless for your own personal pride in ownership...

Just going off prices at Bud's,a NIB 1100 is only a couple hundred difference in price and you won't get the C-grade wood or the gold inlay. Ya I know that don't make them shoot any better but you look good doing it.

If you like it buy it. 200 bucks is a small price to pay for your happiness!
smile.gif

I'm still shopping, but man its a pretty shotgun and its on the list. Looking at Browning Citori's and the Beretta A400 as well.

Did a little mind searching today. That was easy! Decided to save my money and shoot my CZ a while longer. Its pretty new and I'm still a rookie skeet shooter. A new gun isn't going to make me a better shot.

Back