Shot 3 coyotes this morning **EDITED embedded pics**

Seebass

Had a good day today! Made 10 stands saw 4 and called in 3. Shot all 3!

First stand of the morning the wind was blowing South. I got setup facing east over looking a nice big pasture just before shooting light. I started with Vole Squeaks and then went to Prairie Dog distress. At 6 minutes I had this old female trotting in following a creek bed from 200 yards. I let her close and make a quick turn when she got to 100 yards. When I did she stopped broadside looking straight at me. I took the shot, DRT!

Untitled by seebass7400, on Flickr

Third stand I used some info I gained from my hunt with Bob Morris. This set was only 300 yards from my second but it was over a hill and facing south east. There was a south east wind. My second was facing west.

I started with Prairie Dog distress again and then went with Squirrel distress. At 8 minutes a coyote comes circling from behind a hill from down wind! I make another quick turn and the coyote sees me and flairs going away. I started Pup distress on my diaphragm but there was a house directly in line so all I could do is wait and hope it turned. It did! She cleared the house and stopped broadside around 80 yards. DRT!

My 7th stand (1030ish) I got set up in a spot I love calling. It’s a valley sloping away 6-800 yards with a couple draws feeding it. The wind was blowing from the south east and I was facing south. As I’ve been doing I started with Prairie Dog distress. At 4 minutes I go back to Squirrel distress. 7 minutes I see a coyote sit down skylined 250ish yards away. I know I can make the shot but not with the possibility of a miss going over a ridge. I had to wait and hope it would come down a bit. I play Vole Squeaks, no luck. I try Rat distress, no luck. At 15 minutes I play Pup distress 3. It finally walked down the hill and then laid down! All I could see was it’s head. I howled on the diaphragm and she stood up broadside. I took the shot and she crumbled in place.

SUPER impressed with the performance of the Barnes 80g TTSX. Every coyote they’ve touched so far hasn’t moved an inch.

Untitled by seebass7400, on Flickr My typical exit wound...

I made a couple more blank stands and the called it a day.

Carlos

I FINALLY got on my laptop and embedded my photos!! Ill be doing this from now on!!

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Thanks guys!! The stock is a Boyd’s At-One. It’s got a little weight to it but the more I shoot it the more I like it!

Looks like a great morning for sure.

Tell us about your rifle, caliber, scope etc. always good to hear about those things.

I figured out how to properly embed Photos the proper way! I just have to take the extra step of firing up the ole laptop!

Im going to edit some of my more recent posts too...

Last edited:
Back