Parts list to build M110 AR15 clone

Timgunner

I’ve always thought that the m110 SASS was the coolest looking rifle ever. For a long time I’ve wanted to build one but buying KAC parts is ridiculously expensive. Have any of you guys tried to assemble an AR15 clone of a m110? If so what handguard did you use? It has a 12” quadrail handguard but I have had the hardest time finding a quad rail that looks similar enough without costing a fortune. Any suggestions?

Looks pretty simple, A2 grip and stock, picatinny gas block, 20" barrel and a quadrail. Quadrails are a bit antiquated now but I'm sure there are some around.

Aero M4E1 enhanced upper has very similar angled sides as M110, and is my favorite upper to use, it's not milspec but a beefed up version of milspec that works perfect with quadrails. I would put that on an Aero lower, you can order the upper and lower from Aero with the cerakote of your choice.

I don't know if Aero makes lowers with the ambi slide release though. I think that could be added later. Ambi safety should be easy.

Aero no longer makes a full quadrail but they do have a gen 2 quad that has some of the more useless picatinny rail milled off. If you do get a M4E1 upper make sure your handguard fits on the non milspec upper.

And if you do get a M4E1 upper and are dead set on a full quadrail but cant find one I may be interested in a trade. I have an Aero full quadrail, I forget if it's 13, 14 or 15" anodized black I am thinking of replacing with a Mlock or Keymod. My quadrail is long enough you could have it cut back and a small section of underside rail cut back like the M110, then cerakote it to match the rest of the gun.

M4E1- https://aeroprecisionusa.com/upper-receivers/m4-m5-enhanced-uppers/l/ar15.html You can find their lowers on that site as well.

Gas block- http://www.surplusammo.com/products/saa-...-block-750.html

Thanks, that is a unique upper for sure! Does the barrel nut thread into that extension instead of the standard type where it threads over it?

You are correct.

It's the simplest improvement I have seen to beef up one of the weaker parts of a milspec upper. Mine is on a carbine sized rifle but I would find this upper a big improvement if you are going to attach a large barrel, the barrel has what seems like at least 4 times more aluminum holding it.

And the picatinny rail from the upper to the handguard is continuous unlike a normal upper fit with quadrail.

Back