Up close coyote shocked 12 year old girl!

derbyacresbob

This morning I took a friend of mine and his 12 year old daughter out coyote calling for 4 stands before we did some ranch work.

We warned the young lady that we may not call any coyotes in but we were going to give it a try.

She just started shooting a shotgun in the last few months so I put her and her dad about 15 yards from my FoxPro and I got back above and behind them and off to the left side of them about 70 yards away with my rifle.

I started out playing Adult Rat sound on full volume and at about 4 minutes in I saw a coyote hard charging in about 35 yards from the young lady and her dad.

The coyote ran right between her and the caller and she shot at and missed the coyote as it was running right by her at about 15 ft away.

If I had my shotgun I could have hit the coyote when it ran by me through the low brush.

The young lady was shocked to see the coyote appear that quickly and to see it running straight at her at a high rate of speed. It was really cool to see how excited she was about her close encounter with that coyote.

We didn't call anything in on the second stand. On the third stand I shot a coyote at about 200 yards with my 22-250.
IMG_5277 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
In the above picture the young lady is holding up the coyote I shot with my rifle.

We blanked on the fourth stand and then went to feed some cattle.

After the cattle work was done I made two stands and got one more coyote with my rifle.
IMG_5302 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
It was a great day, a day we will always remember.

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Well done Bob, I would have liked to see the expression on her face when she saw the coyote charging. Been priceless I am sure.

Back