Looking for a hog hunt near San Antonio

Dirt Nap

I’m headed down to San Antonio around the 9th of March and I’m looking to do a day hunt. I’m not looking for some 5 star setup, just an outfit that has the basics. Just want to get out with my son and see what we can do. I’ve never been to Texas to hunt so I’m trying to get some places that offer this. Any help with mound be great

Does look like a good deal - until you get to the mandatory cleaning fees. 50dollars per up to 50lbs than a dollar a pound. Would add up quick. 200lb hog=200$.

Give me shout. Not guide/outfitter, but willing to help. Don’t hunt during daylight. Night only . No strings attached and to be clear, I don’t want/won’t take money

Last edited:
People say the hogs are devastating their property and for the cheap price of $399, you can come help solve their problem. Kinda makes you wonder just how bad a problem it really is. Seems if it was really a problem, you could charge them for helping fix their problem or hunt for free any way.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogPeople say the hogs are devastating their property and for the cheap price of $399, you can come help solve their problem. Kinda makes you wonder just how bad a problem it really is. Seems if it was really a problem, you could charge them for helping fix their problem or hunt for free any way.
thumbup1.gif

Then they basically are charging a hidden "trophy fee" by charging a mandatory dollar a pound cleaning fee.
Complete screw job.

The people charging those prices are not the same ones complaining about the hogs destroying their property.

Often the ones charging are the ones in high fences that are moving in hogs or at least tolerating them to have something to sell.

There are a lot of scenarios, and you can't lump them all together.

Last edited:
Wow, That Bucher, got to be rich 150.00 $ for a 200 pound hog, that is pretty good butchering fees. But is a free hunt, LOL.

Back