Zeiss v4 6-24?

zr600

Has anybody seen one of these scopes? They seem like a really good scope for the money. How was the glass vs the v6 if you did compare or have looked through both. I’m considering one of these for my long range rifle. They are priced right with the pst genii I would think the glass would be better then the pst genii.

I haven't looked through either one, but for the price difference, there may be a lens coating quality difference etc - I would call Zeiss and ask questions comparing the two relative to the lens.800-441-3005 Myself, I would prefer the 5 to 30 power zoom, if I had the spare change.
smile.gif

Sport Optics has a promotion of 15% off and if you call you might be able to get them to offer 16/17% discount, if you get the right sales person.

Why so? I have zero concern over a Japanese, likely LOW, scope made to Zeiss specs and standards...sounds like nearly the perfect combination of quality and price.

Zeiss has a long history of farming their scopes out....The Conquest, for instance, was not made in house, simply rebranded.

Last edited:
The difference is very clear when you’ve tried them all.

The difference between a farmed out Conquest and a Conquest DL or V6 is easy to see, especially after dark.

It’s got nothing to do with Japan, lots of good scopes made there. It’s that I’ve never seen a great Zeiss made anywhere but Germany.

Been told these v4 by the sportiptics guys that they have better glass then the night force shv and nxs proably
On par with leupold vx6hd and better then pst genii.

I have a V4 6-24x50 and a V4 4-16x44. They are way under priced for what you get. The glass is way better than my Leupolds, Sightron siii, or Nightforce shv. I don’t have a NXS anymore but I’ll get a comparison with my buddy’s 5-22x56 NXS and post when I get to look through both side by side.

I was very interested in the V4... Until I found that there is no illuminated reticle available in the 4-16...every single other magnification range has this option... But not the most sensible...

Ok I’m narrowed down to three scopes I think. I’m considering the leupold vx5hd 3-15, night force shv 5-20, and a ziess v4 6-24. If you guys were looking for a scope for the ultimate long range calling rifle out of these three what would they be and why?

Originally Posted By: zr600Ok I’m narrowed down to three scopes I think. I’m considering the leupold vx5hd 3-15, night force shv 5-20, and a ziess v4 6-24. If you guys were looking for a scope for the ultimate long range calling rifle out of these three what would they be and why?
zr600, When you put the words calling rifle in there, I would go with a minimum of at least 3X on the bottom end. I’ve got a 4.5 x14 Leupold and it seems like way to much on the bottom end. Zeiss makes that V4 in a 3x18 also. All those sound like great choices. The shv is first focal plane isn’t it?

I looked at the v6 and v4 line a couple weeks ago. I compared them at a trade show. the v4 is the most impressive scope I have ever looked through. the V6 I didn't care for, it has a noticeable tunneling effect compared to the v4. maybe if the v4 wasn't so good and the opposite of tunneling I would not have noticed it so much.

I think they are great scopes for long range hunting. I don't think you need illumination with the 4-16 model. you have I think 3 reticles to choose from and since they are SFP you can actually see them on low power. The problem for me is 16x max is a tad much for me on all but 2 rifles and those already have nightforce NXS 3.5-15 scopes on them. the 3-12 is very interesting to me but it only comes as a 56mm with capped turrets. I would buy a 3-12 if they offered it as a 40 or 42 mm with the zero stop turret like the 4-16 model does. I wonder if they can add that turret to that scope? but then again it would still only come with the duplex reticles it offers.

I have no idea how well they track and would love to test one on my scope testing fixture with tall target.

Back