Super Hero Customer Service - Black Hole

Varminterror

Just wanted to throw a nod to Black Hole Weaponry today. I know a lot of folks have been sneering at them the last couple years for QA/QC, delivery time, price hikes, whatever, but I’ve remained to be happy with their barrels, and have kept building on them. Every one I have built on has been sub-moa, very fast for the load, and incredibly easy to clean - and the prices are competitive.

I was worried Tuesday that I was finally going to be bitten by the Black Hole venom about which I keep hearing rumors. I got a voicemail one of my barrels was made in the wrong profile, they noticed it was wrong right before it went to coating. I was already getting anxious, as I knew the 8-10wk estimate was too ambitious for a non-standard bore, and I was 11wks into my wait time - I certainly didn’t want to hear we were starting the clock over again. So they call - do you want this barrel with the wrong profile or wait for a new one? Neither - I wanted the barrel I ordered in the time I expected. It’s going to be a suppressed 458Socom with a MASSIVE can out front, light profile doesn’t work for me - I’d rather have had a National Match profile even, standard was already a concession, certainly not a light... so I called my customer, he said he’d rather wait. In the meantime, Black Hole texted me and said they could do a heavier National Match profile, and could expedite production. This was Tuesday Feb 13 at 6pm central time, with my order placed Nov 28, ‘17.

I just got a text this morning - Feb 15. They turned the “custom” National Match profile barrel YESTERDAY and it’s going to coating today. I was hoping the barrel would be expedited, but I certainly did not expect a ONE DAY turn around to cut the new barrel.

So while I have yet to fall victim to any accuracy issues, even though I DID fall victim to a QC issue, their QA and customer service follow up was beyond expectation. Starting my barrel over, producing a custom profile at no extra cost (original price was highly discounted Black Friday pricing too!), they still went the extra 50 miles to make me and my customer happy. I can say, they’ve earned my business years ago, and they’ve earned the right to keep it after this.

I like their barrels a lot. I've found they are a strange creature, most ammo shoots fine, other ammo unheard of bad but once published load data is thrown to the wind I have found some awesome loads. Some 200fps or more faster than the nearest published load and safe pressures, and incredible accuracy.

Once these slow winter months are over I'm ordering a 20" or 22" in a spicy 6mm cartridge.

I have had great support from there customer service on a recent purchase.The barrel I purchased was sold out and there inventory was wrong They apologized for there mistake and offered to upgrade at no extra charge sweet!.Its a real shooter first outing out I was impressed with its accuracy and the finish was awesome Ill purchase again.

That's great to hear. My brother ordered a 6.8 spc barrel from them and we shot it this weekend. It impressed us alot. I cant wait to get my 6x45 going.

Things happen all the time in production. Delays, mistakes, etc. It is nice to see a company trying to keep it's customers informed.

It's also nice to see a realistic customer. Often we get guys who are told about wait times that start calling us only days after placing an order and want to "know the status" of their orders.

Originally Posted By: Rock Knockeronce published load data is thrown to the wind I have found some awesome loads. Some 200fps or more faster than the nearest published load and safe pressures, and incredible accuracy.

I have found this to be true also with mine.. My 20 prac likes 204R load data and as you said with safe pressures.. They like to be revved up before they are launched.. Dan

I’m glad you got your barrel on time and they took care of you. I hope I’m as lucky. I placed an order for a 18” 223 barrel 11/29/17 and haven’t heard a word. I’m patiently waiting.

Back