WHITE OAK BARRELS????

You could get barrels from other manufacturer for less money and with more options. From what I read on WOA site, You don't get choice of barrel profile and the larger gas block will be required and most likely a larger hand guard also.. It would cost you more money.. I would check out Ritchs barrels on here or X-caliber to help save some coins and they shoot great.. Dan

When I asked John about a different barrel profile slimmer than what they offered, he told me I'd have to order 10 barrels to get it.

I have 2 of their barrels. One in 20pr and the other is a 6mmWOA and they sure can shoot. They are 2 of the most accurate barrels that I have and they are very very easy to develop the loads for. I would give up a little weight savings for having a barrel that shoots like the ones John sends out. They are well worth the money. And John stands behind his products.

Last edited:
My Woa 223 is an absolute hammer. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I have the spr with fluting that cuts down on weight. Accuracy makes up for it

I have a 6mm WOA, barrel from John, and I must have caught him at a time when he excepted custom work. I bought just the barrel, not an upper. My barrel has a .75" gas block, a recessed target crown, and heavier but not varmint heavy profile under the hand guard. My hand guard is a skinny M-Lok style on the upper.

I am not sure he cares, but this .8 something gas block only barrels cost him a sale when I needed a 204 Ruger barrel. I ended up ordering from Ritch, and the barrel is OK. Fit and finish were excellent, but accuracy, is still a project. I wish I could have gotten the WOA barrel, with my specs.

Squeeze

I have a 22" 22 Nosler, in a varmint contour that is an absolute laser. Shoots better than any AR platform should. LOL. A buddy has an 18" 223 Wylde, and his brother has a 20" 22 Nosler in a predator contour. All WOA and all absolute tack drivers!

Hey Bowhunt...I am looking at the same barrel that you have, and I am curious what twist you have in your barrel. 1-8 or 1-12?

I was considering their predator contour 20” but they are threaded 5/8”-24 instead of the 1/2”-28 that i need for my suppressor’s muzzlebrake to fit.

Originally Posted By: D-WagonHey Bowhunt...I am looking at the same barrel that you have, and I am curious what twist you have in your barrel. 1-8 or 1-12?

Mine is a 1 in 12

Don’t think I’ve heard of a bad barrel from WOA. I only have a SPR in 223 wylde, but I’m waiting on the next sale and I’ll snag another. They had 2 sales at least last year and the SPR barrels were $195 delivered. Can’t beat that price. Only other place I want to eventually try is a dtech barrel.

Back