Hard Drug Users Living Next Door

one thing i will suggest - stay out of it as much as possible. i'm not saying to not protect your own, but wherever possible try to appear neutral on things.

while the landlord may get them moved out - theres nothing stopping them from coming back to get retribution on you if they suspect you had something to do with it. its not like they dont know where you live.

i'll give an additional thumbs up to the cameras. get them watching the main entrances to your side of the duplex and any communual spaces for the duplex. You'll for sure want to have some kind of record of whats going on if things go bad.

the price of a camera system with some cloud backup storage is cheap insurance compared to dealing with some sh!thead who's mind is addled.

also, get some nice bright outdoor lighting and run them 24/7 if you have to. LED's are cheap to operate. people who are out to do bad thing generally do NOT like brightly lit environments where everyone can see whats going on - no less the camera's.

do not however try to record whats going on inside their building - ie dont point a camera at any of their windows, etc - i would suggest an angle that just captures both yours and their driveway so you can see who's coming and going in the communal spaces thats visible to anyone who happens to be going by.

Depending on how bad things are it might be cheapest in the long run to move.
For sure not what a fellow would want to do but maybe the wise thing to do.
It is best to walk away from trouble if you can.

If you owned the property it would be different. They are really the landlords problem.
If he don't deal with it I would leave him with it.
If it is a single mom or if there is a pregnant woman there he may not be able to do much with them.

If you stay:
If you have any friends in law enforcement invite them to just stop by often for coffee.
A cruiser in the driveway might be bad for business.

Last edited:
Here's what you do. Have a friend over with some cheap shotgun no one cares about and while cleaning the gun "accidentally" shoot a hole through the wall you share with your neighbors, make sure they aren't home obviously.

Call the police and tell them your friend's gun went off when they were cleaning it. The police will come and make sure everyone is ok and they will go through your neighbors place. They may confiscate the shotgun but there's a decent chance even that wont happen, and if the cops are called right away about an accidental discharge there are few charges that can be thrown around. And if a friend was the one who did it they will probably be asked not to come back and you will keep your lease.

This will get the cops into your neighbors place, it will scare the crap out of your neighbors and it will let them know you are armed and have a crazy trigger finger. Plus it will give your neighbors a valid reason to void their lease and take off and they wouldn't think you did it on purpose so they would likely not come looking for trouble.

Good luck.

I'm joking of course BUT I have seen this scenario accidentally played through.

I would get the local PD involved, but think about getting out. Just remember if feds like ATF, DEA, or some state undercover people get involved you could get swept up in the mess just being nearby. Innocent people have been injured, even killed in mistaken identity. Look at the guy that was shot a couple weeks ago in the "swatting" incident, in his own doorway. I feel for you, but I'd be gone.

'

Back