3rd annual hog slaughter 1027 hogs in 3 days.

This last weekend was our 3rd annual helicopter hog slaughter. The first year we got 150 or so hogs. Last year we got 254.
This year we had two helicopters, a Robinson and a 1965 Huey that actually served in Vietnam. The weather was cold, very cold, sitting in the back of a Huey with the doors off, 32 degrees with 100% humidity was bone chilling, the Robinson was not much better. Chilled to the bone, I would shiver for a good hour after getting out of the choppers. I personally got 7 or 8 hours in the air. I lost track quickly of how many hogs I shot.
The group over 3 days shot 1027 hogs!!! The best sortie produced 72 hogs in 1.5 hours on station. One day the ceilings were too low to fly, every other day the choppers ran from 8am to dark.

There is nothing in the world that is more fun than shooting hogs from the air!!!

Congratulations 6724 on the successful Hunt. I know you guys had a "Great Time", and did a "Great Service" for the Land Owner(s).

I flew those Rascals in the late 60s thru the late 70s. Nothing like flying just above Tree Tops, and looking for Hogs. For those of you that really love to shoot Hogs, if at all possible you need to try the Chopper Hunt at least once.

1,027 hogs in 3 days . I cant imagine it getting any better/or more fun than that.
I have watched some helicopter hog slaughter videos,but not been on one, YET
wink.gif

Nice job.

Back