Wisconsin hunter NEEDS HELP !!!!

musky01

Im really new at this been trying for a year or two to call in a coyote and nothing seems to work. I live in southern Wisconsin my son and I have 5 farms to hunt, we are the only ones allowed to hunt them. They are your typical farms, open fields, tree lines and small woodlots. We see coyotes when we are goose hunting, we have seen them running across the fields when we are scouting and after fresh snow theres always fresh tracks. We have tried at night , during the day, tried howling and a mixture of distress calls. STILL NOTHING GIVE ME SOME POINTERS !!!!!

If there is that much activity and nobody else hunts them, then i would say they are seeing/hearing/smelling you. Thats the only thing i can think of

Make sure you are paying attention to the wind. Set up so they have to go into the open to get downwind. It really just takes time. During an average season here we call in an animal 1 in every 6 spots. Be patient. Use different sounds. I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is assuming where they will come from. They WILL come from any direction.

Back