Ambush 360

OKRattler

Has anyone used one of these things? It's a neat idea and everything I just don't see the added advantage of having your call rotate vs. sitting in one spot. Or am I missing something here?

Gimmicks, Like everything else, trying to make more sales!! No I haven't seen the Ambush 360. I try and station the caller for the area I would like the coyotes to come in from. Rudy

I'll start by saying I've never even seen one. Maybe I'm set in my ways.

1. I find that most coyotes come in from the direction the call is facing, that might be because I face the call in the direction I expect the coyote to come from.

2. I like to get elevation to my call and like to set it in a bush to get it off the ground, pretty hard to get it to rotate in a bush.

3. I have had little luck with a decoy on the ground in cover because coyotes don't see the movement until it surprises them, I would think the same would happen with them coming upon a revolving caller.

4. Movement can be the demise of a stand, can something as large as a caller spinning be comforting or enticing to coyote. I use decoys but they are small and non-threatening.

5. One more thing to suck power out of your batteries or to fail to work. It is hard enough to keep callers working in the dust, damp and cold of the predator hunting environment.

6. Where I hunt it isn't always easy to find a level spot to set up on. I can remember when movement decoys first came out having to pack a piece of plywood to set up on so they wouldn't tip over.

Just some random thoughts on a revolving caller.

Last edited:
These were pretty much my thoughts as well. The direction the caller is set is where you'll see a coyote coming from more than likely so I was confused as to why someone would want sound directed behind them and every other way possible. I thought of the movement aspect of it as well. I suppose time of year and several different things determine how things will play out but personally I don't even like using a decoy on stand. The experiences I've had with any type of movement is it was more of a deterrent than anything else.

One of my buddies is a fan of decoys so when I go with him we use one. The last coyote I shot saw the coyote decoy he has and turned around and headed out. I know if it wouldn't have been there it would have ran in close enough to kill with a shotgun. It was charging in hard until it saw the tail on the decoy blowing in the wind.

Last edited:
It does. I'd want a back pack if I was carrying one around. I do like their logo though. I wouldn't mind having a bumper sticker like that.

I would think so. Although it sits lower to the ground so it's probably not as noticeable as far as coyotes seeing it move I wouldn't think. I'm still not sure about the whole concept of calling in every direction. But then again I'm no expert. Maybe it's better to do it that way. I have no idea. I've always just called in one direction.

Back