Vortex Binos

Throck33

I am looking to buy a pair of vortex binos. How does everyone feel about their quality and practicality vs such brands as Nikon? Thanks in advance!

Dollar for dollar, they easily beat Nikon. This is the opposite of what I have found with their riflescopes. From low end to high, they seem like excellent values in their respective price points.

Which ones are you looking at as they go from $100 to over $1K?

Dollar for dollar they are clearly better than Nikons I have looked at. My wife is a birding fanatic and needed to upgrade her binos. It takes a bunch of money to buy a better piece of glass.

Yeah that's where I am at also, the more bang for your buck value. Nikon has great glass, no doubt about it, but is it worth the $100's of dollars more for a little bit of improvement? As of right now I am looking at the Vortex Crossfire 10x42 and they are pretty sweet. I think i will give them a try. I can't justify spending over $400 on a set of binos... I wish I could! But the practical side of me says otherwise haha.

Oh yes, my apologies, it is the Diamondback 10x42's I am looking at. I agree with you, for the price and quality, it looks like Vortex is the winner. Will give them a try and see how they work out
smile.gif

We have both Nikons in Monarch 5 and 7 and we have no complaints, my kid has vortex, that I know he spent $500 some bucks for, and I never hear him brag about them, so not sure what his opinion of them are .

I am a Nikon fan at heart, but for the price I think I'll give the Vortex a chance. I still would love Monarch 7's
smile.gif

Yeah I hear their warranty is really good!

The Diamondbacks are great binoculars. I have several pairs of them. For the price you cant go wrong. They are clear to look through and I have never had a problem with them.

IMO, you'd be better served with a:

Hawke Endurance ED 10x42

Athlon Argos 10x42

or a

Vanguard Spirit XF 10x42

All of these will offer a superior product with better quality control

Originally Posted By: pahntr760For the minimal price difference, the Diamondback is much better than the Crossfire.

I used to sell Votex optics, I own and love them. For the money they really can't be beat. Buy the diamond back versions and use them. The warranty is stellar. I ran mine over last fall with my jeep and sent them in for warranty. They sent back the new upgraded version, no questions asked. Great company, speaking of which, I need another scope!

Last edited:
Eh, mine ride in my truck 24/7. On my third due to vibrations knocking the focus out. I only stick with them because optics planet does 40% off for vets. I’m not buying vortex scopes or binos again though unless I’m going for the top of the line. Everything vortex has been sent in for warranty or just thrown off a cliff. Of course they’ll replace your $50 glass with another $50 glass when you bought the original for $500!

Originally Posted By: Forest GhostEh, mine ride in my truck 24/7. On my third due to vibrations knocking the focus out. I only stick with them because optics planet does 40% off for vets. I’m not buying vortex scopes or binos again though unless I’m going for the top of the line. Everything vortex has been sent in for warranty or just thrown off a cliff. Of course they’ll replace your $50 glass with another $50 glass when you bought the original for $500!

I have a pair that has been riding in my side by side for 2 years a pair in each truck for 4 years and still work great. Have never sent any of my binoculars or scopes back. Makes me wonder how well you take care of your equipment if you have that many problems. If you have actually had that many problems, why do you still use them?

Back