She done it again.

weekender

My lovely wife has added to her collection, but only after a LOT of work. We got the lease on this property late last year. This past spring we started WORKING on a food plot.

XmqVOH2.jpg

P45zhPj.jpg

The opening if you want to call it that, was an old hay field that had been let go many years ago. I don't have before pics but the whole field had grown up in gum trees and briars. We spent many days in "getting to the ground" where we found ROCKs, lots of rocks. We planted oats, rye grain, clover, and some turnips. Everything came up pretty good and the deer have been using it a lot.

k5JjMTE.jpg

My wife had hunted several days in a row on another track and while she was seeing 12-20 deer a sit, they were not the shooters she hoped for. On Thursday she made a card pull from several cameras and found that the deer were hammering the turnips here and this buck and several others were showing in daylight.

TM41PDs.jpg

She had to back off the plot 100 yds because of the wind direction and her shooting lane was just a logging road that runs across the middle of the plot. It was enough to get this buck in trouble with Kay's .243

riYxdrh.jpg

She had already taken a doe with her bow

CRgdODa.jpg

and doe with the muzzleloader,

ZsApA8M.jpg

plus a "tuff love" story on a nice 8 pt. with the muzzleloader. Watch this "smack down".

This buck was playing possum and after laying still for 5 minutes, got to his feet and left. Unfortunately my wife had failed to take her extra power and bullets for the ML and could not make a follow up shot.

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Dang, she drops em in their tracks... fulfilling to shoot them off food plots you planted... that 10 has got some character, well done!

Wow Weekender!!!! That is great. Your hard work paid off big time. Congrats to your wife on some excellent shooting.

WOW..... High rack. I have looked around here at home for years.... We just do not have those genetics. Nice deer Mam. Hope the other half has that mounted for ya.

Originally Posted By: huntschoolWOW..... High rack. I have looked around here at home for years.... We just do not have those genetics. Nice deer Mam. Hope the other half has that mounted for ya.

Dropped off at the stuffer's place.

Back