Infidel is my new health advisor

DakotaBoy

Jared and the happy couple
Well after reading take two and call me in the morning, a partner and I hit a newer spot last Saturday morning at early light . We did our best on the crunchy snow to get settled in . The first coyote showed up under 100 yards before we even started calling . She stopped three quarter view and I dropped her . My partner then hit a distress call and the male came charging out of a tree grove. He paused under 100 yards from my partner, one shot flop. All told, a double in under 4 minutes with only calling one.

Nile and two males
Fast forward to this Saturday, my nephew and I headed out . Our first stop brought a big male to the end of a grove in nine minutes. My nephew dropped him with one shot at 141 yards. It is a good sized dark male with one ear a bit short.
We then headed to our second spot and he saw one headed into cover . We made a move downwind and set up . We used the new Tony Tebbe rabbit sound he had just downloaded and this male , the lighter colored one, broke out of cover in under six minutes and did a bee line across open snow . I muted the caller As he closed the gap and he gave my nephew a nice 95 yard broadside look. Boom another bang flop!
My nephew has never had a 400 yard charge across open cover before , he thinks his uncle is awesome .. lol.

So as Infidel says , Take
Two ,on back to back weekends is awesome for a persons well being!

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Jared had pup distress 3 on the fox bang setting,so it worked well. It hasn’t always been as successful as it was prior years , but still use it fairly often .
The first male this weekend we did a few howls and then was playing the Tebbe rabbit sound when it showed up.
We have had less response to rabbit for quite some time, happy this one works for now.

We used some fight/distress combos later this Saturday and had a coyote leave cover heading away from us. I don’t know if we intimidated it, or just were busted by other means by the yote.
Desert Ram, what a difference in hunting conditions between NM and MN .

Originally Posted By: DakotaBoyJared had pup distress 3 on the fox bang setting,so it worked well. It hasn’t always been as successful as it was prior years , but still use it fairly often .
The first male this weekend we did a few howls and then was playing the Tebbe rabbit sound when it showed up.
We have had less response to rabbit for quite some time, happy this one works for now.

We used some fight/distress combos later this Saturday and had a coyote leave cover heading away from us. I don’t know if we intimidated it, or just were busted by other means by the yote.
Desert Ram, what a difference in hunting conditions between NM and MN .

That is all great information. Thank you for keeping us updated as to what seems to be working. FYI I like the no hunting sign in the background I don't know why but it made me laugh.

I thought it was good to have the sign there. The owner and his family love to pheasant and deer hunt .
they were very nice when we asked last summer , they hope we help reduce some predators on the site .
We just have to keep out during the fall seasons, fair enough.

Back