Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42

B23

Anyone have any experience with one of these Vortex Razor HD LH (light hunter) 3-15x42 scopes? I've read a few positive reviews on them but I was hoping someone here, maybe, had some first hand knowledge of one.

I'll be putting this on a Varmint model CZ 527 in 17 Rem.

Originally Posted By: MatlockI have the 1.5-8x32 on my AR and I've been quite pleased. Lot of value packed into this scope.

My experience with Vortex so far has just kind of been, ehhh ok, but in their defense, I've only had their middle of the road HS and HS-T scopes so I'm hoping this Razor HD LH 3-15x42 changes my opinion.

I have a non HD VX6 and a Zeiss HD5 to compare it to so I'll hopefully have a better idea of this new Vortex come next week when it arrives.

This is the one and only Vortex scope I own. I was hesitant to take the plunge due to all the warranty repairs it seems I hear/read about. But so far I've been very impressed with this optic. The HD LH scopes are supposed to have the same glass as the Razor HD series and are made in Japan vs Pacific Rim, which is where most of their more budget-friendly optics are made. Make what you want of that.

I'm definitely interested to hear how it stacks up against the VX6 and HD5. The new VX-5 HD has peaked my interested, so I'm sure that will be in the mix when I need another optic.

Originally Posted By: HarperJTIt's one of my favorite scopes. I just wish it had a little heavier or lighted cross hairs

Are you using the HS4 or G4-BDC reticle?
Couldn't agree with you more on the lit reticle, it would literally knock this scope out of the park to have G4-BDC with something similar to the FireDot.

Originally Posted By: Matlock
G4-BDC reticle?

This is the reticle I'm getting with mine. I think it will work well for shooting sage rats/ground squirrels, PD's, and such.

Originally Posted By: MatlockThe HD LH scopes are supposed to have the same glass as the Razor HD series and are made in Japan

This is my understanding of them as well, hopefully, this holds true and I'm pleasantly surprised with the optics and it has no issue with tracking or holding zero.

Since this is going on a little CZ 527 in 17 Rem I definitely like that it's considerably lighter than most of my other scopes.

Originally Posted By: B23Anyone have any experience with one of these Vortex Razor HD LH (light hunter) 3-15x42 scopes? I've read a few positive reviews on them but I was hoping someone here, maybe, had some first hand knowledge of one.

I'll be putting this on a Varmint model CZ 527 in 17 Rem.

A friend of mine has one. It’s seems really nice to me. He has it on a heavy barreled 243. Seems like it would be better on a different platform but regardless it’s a nice optic.

I use the 2-10x40 HD LH on my 6x6.8 AR for coyotes and absolutely love it. Good glass tracks good. It's my go to scope for coyotes and plan on outfitting the rest of my coyote guns with them!!!

Originally Posted By: Jabey9210I use the 2-10x40 HD LH on my 6x6.8 AR for coyotes and absolutely love it. Good glass tracks good. It's my go to scope for coyotes and plan on outfitting the rest of my coyote guns with them!!!

I can't wait to get this thing because if it turns out as well as everyone says, I may have to get another one. These should make for a nice setup on the little CZ 527's.

Originally Posted By: Matlock
I'm definitely interested to hear how it stacks up against the VX6 and HD5. The new VX-5 HD has peaked my interested, so I'm sure that will be in the mix when I need another optic.

Mr. UPS dropped this scope off a couple hours ago and I was able to do a little playing around with it. First thing I noticed, compared to all my other scopes, this thing is light. As mentioned previously I have a new Zeiss HD5 5-25x50 that I've yet to mount and my 20-250 has a regular (not the HD version) VX6 3-18x50 sitting on it so I was able to sit all three side by side and play around with them doing a very unscientific comparison. I had all three set at 10X.

Clarity, I'll be honest, I can't really say one is any better than the other as they all three were pretty darn clear.

The one area there was a noticeable difference, was brightness. This kind of surprised me but the Vortex Razor was definitely brighter.

It'll be interesting to see how they compare, side by side, once I get them mounted on guns but for now, I'm thinking this Vortex Razor HD LH is going to be a keeper.

I can't speak to their scopes, but I have a Razor spotting scope and IMO the thing is amazingly clear and bright. At some point I WILL pick up a Razor scope. I don't see how you can go wrong with the Razor scope if it's as good as their spotting scopes.

Back