Question on making a paracord drag...length?

Thanks, I'm gonna give it a shot soon. My paracord came in Friday but the wife has me tiling a shower....

And am I correct in assuming what you are referring to as the "main cord" has the steel rings on the end for hooking up the critter? And that you simply did your first cobra braid around that so it is all one piece?

Originally Posted By: kfinThanks, I'm gonna give it a shot soon. My paracord came in Friday but the wife has me tiling a shower....

And am I correct in assuming what you are referring to as the "main cord" has the steel rings on the end for hooking up the critter? And that you simply did your first cobra braid around that so it is all one piece?

Yes, the main cord is the drag cord.
And yes, the first cobra braid is around the central drag cord, and the overlay goes around the first cobra braid.

thumbup1.gif

I use the tails I cut off my treestand straps.
So like tie downs about 5 or 6 ft long with small loops in both ends.
I also put a 1" pvc pipe about 6" long in my pack.
Would like to check out a light over the shoulder variation at some point for when I have stuff to carry

I finally had a tv watching night, waiting on the tile to come in so I can finish the shower. Whipped this up last night. Not too bad for a first try. I had to use split rings as that is all I could find but have some good welded rings showing up. I decided not to do the slip knots as once they are wet I thought they may be harder to get loose. I'm sure it would work either way. I'm kind of getting into this weaving thing....thanks for the help.

esr8hnK.jpg

That looks outstanding! I think another option would be to just tie a loop on the end and eliminate the rings altogether. It would be cheaper and quieter.
P.S. Are you learning this from a book or online? Any helpful links that you would recommend?

Originally Posted By: jcs271That looks outstanding! I think another option would be to just tie a loop on the end and eliminate the rings altogether. It would be cheaper and quieter.
P.S. Are you learning this from a book or online? Any helpful links that you would recommend?

Thanks. I could tie a loop on it, or a slip knot and do the same thing. I just like the looks and ease of use of the rings. They are not noisy at all as it is wadded up in a pocket until time for use and by that time noise is not an issue.
smile.gif

I just pulled up youtube and looked at a couple of different videos. I thought it was easy, my wife, not so much. I'm gonna make a bunch of different colored ones. Several friends want em now. lol

Originally Posted By: fw707Man, that looks great!!!

thumbup.gif

Thanks! And thanks for the tips on the lengths. I'm starting to figure out about how much I need for so many feet now.

Got some different color cord yesterday
thumbup.gif

Made up another drag with a different design. I think I like this one better. Still waiting on my new rings to come in.

iy4BH50.jpg

I hunt jacks a lot and have designed a carry strap for them made from a suitcase strap. I can add longer or shorter leads and use the carry strap almost anything. Yours is nicer looking. Can you make them with a wider strap?

Yea, I have been looking around a bit and see rifle slings, belts and other things. I'm sure a guy could do it. Looks like it all basically same thing just another layer or combining a couple of weaves together.

You can take the "additional" drops off of the call lanyard I made. Some people have more calls than others so I just kind of put them on there for looks. I only carry my e-caller so I will take them off for my use. My point being, a guy could make drops like I did for my lanyard in whatever length he wanted and put them on a drag in 5 seconds.

I'm just having fun playing around with it.

Back