Seat/Chair. What does everyone find to be the best?

Didas42

I know we’re usually only sitting for about a half hour at a time, but what’s the most comfortable way to do it? My choice is a webbed elevated little seat that I “borrowed” from my dad. Kinda getting tired of getting up with a stiff back from nothing to lean back on. Was looking at the Alps chair thing but was wondering what everyone else uses.

Last edited:
Primos Double Bull chair is what we've been using for a several years. Folds up for easy carry. Paired with the Primos Rapid Pivot Bipod, it's a great combo for predator hunting.

Mojo Critter Sitter - hands down the best chair for my terrain and style of hunting. I wish they still made them, I'd get a spare.

Cabela's Speedy Yote Kickstand Vest. I had back surgery 2 years ago and its been a complete game changer for me!

For guests I have a hunter specialties folding net seat. It works

5 gallon bucket with swivel seat. Used some eye bolts to attach a couple of rifle slings so I can wear it, and use it, as a back pack. Yes it's redneck but it works for me.

Cabelas turkey lounger, but I really should get something different because I have taken way too many naps in that chair while hunting!!

Tried using my Helinox ground chair but didnt like fooling with it so I had been just using my glassing pad (piece of Z rest), until one day not being careful where I sat, I got a butt full of cactus. Got a Beard Buster Jumbo seat. Easy to carry, light, warmer and pretty comfy. Plus the cactus can't find their way through...not yet at least.

Got a bunch of stuff in the truck, but mostly use the same foam pad I use deer hunting, or the low webbed turkey seat with the folding legs. When the snow is deep I use a folding 3 legged stool, keeps my but 2' off the ground. Also a white Rubbermaid foot stool, bout 12" high. I like to keep my back leaned against a tree or boulder.

Originally Posted By: Huntinjim5 gallon bucket with swivel seat.

That's what I used until I got the Critter Sitter. In the brushy desert where I hunt, I like to be at least sitting height above the ground. Exceptions are when I can hunt overlooking a canyon or depression, then I just use the foam pad I have tied to the Critter Sitter. I stand more often than I sit on the pad though. I have the pad clipped on the Sitter and my Trigger Sticks in the carrying slot. With that I'm ready to sit flat, sit in the chair, or stand, depending on terrain and brush.

Originally Posted By: SeebassCabela's Speedy Yote Kickstand Vest. I had back surgery 2 years ago and its been a complete game changer for me!

For guests I have a hunter specialties folding net seat. It works

I have the same thing in snow camo. Let's you carry everything on your person and not have to haul a chair with. The kickstand is adjustable, you can adjust adapt to any terrain.

Been using the tenzing predator pack for the past year and really like it a lot

For quick stands or last minute hunts, browning xt

My critique on hunting chairs/seats.

Left to right. These have been relegated to duck hunting.

Left
This chair works pretty good in mud as the cross bars give it some float, no back support so I use it where I can lean back against a log, not used very much any more , I save it for a companion that doesn't have a seat.

Center
Very comfortable, it fits in the bottom of my layout boat for long hours in the marsh, I also use it on low grass banks when duck hunting in a gillie suit. Hard to get in and out of and hard to swing on birds/coyotes that aren't in a dedicated shooting zone.

Right
Great seat I use it hunting in brush blinds and thicker cover, easy to move/turn for unexpected shots and easy to get in and out of, I used it a lot coyote hunting in cover that is tall enough to hide me.

LtoR these are my goto predator hunting chairs/seats now

Left
This little tripod stool has taken the place of the three legged chair, it is lighter to carry, quicker to set up and for predator stands I don't need the comfort of a back rest, it gets used where ever cover is high enough . It gives me a better view in thicker cover also.

Center
This little folding seat is great in hillier country, just high enough to get in and out of easily, only draw back is the rounded legs the get to be like sled runners in icy/crusty condition. I tried one with legs but they sunk into soft dirt too much.

Right
Just a Styrofoam bead filled pad, I use it in snow and ice in hillier country, it is warm and dry on the butt, light to carry and doesn't slide on snow and ice as it is cloth backed.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Last edited:
I use the folding Alps seat. It works well enough but isn't waterproof, so when sitting on snow it will melt and soak through. This year I lined the outside with a white plastic bag and it is so much better. I like that it's light and flexible and has a pouch for small incidentals like drags and even a small ecall like the fusion. Has enough back support to aid in shooting.

I had a speedy yote vest and it was awesome to sit in, but too big and bulky and slow to put on and off IMO. I sold it and don't miss it. My partner has a Browning seat with a back rest and it really looks like it works well. Much sturdier than mine and not much heavier.

I just got a Slydog Ground N Pound chair and absolutely love it. I did a 45 minute cat stand with it this past weekend and didnt feel the need to shift or move even once! also big enough to hold my revolt as well so thats definitely nice.

I've tried main different hunting chairs/seats including the Alps/Browning type chairs. Although comfortable, I really don't like carrying them on a stand as they are too heavy and don't love the shooting angle. I purchased the Beard Buster last year and liked it so much, I purchased a 2nd in case they quit making it. You aren't off the ground, but it is so light but still comfortable with some back support. I didn't take it on a few stands last year, and realized my back started hurting right away. Great investment for a person who puts in lots of stands per day.

+3 on the Sly Dog/ Beard Buster ground and pound chair. Only draw back is if your hunting in tall grasses, hard to see them coming. Other than that, it’s light and ultra comfortable.

Has anyone tried the Alps Outdoors grand slam turkey vest? It has a metal frame with a kickstand back rest. I'd like to know if you can reach back into the bird pouch and pull out an E-call while wearing it? It's a pain having to take off a back pack to get to the call when you have an AR slung across your front and over the back pack straps.
I also like that the seat pad just flips up and secures with magnets.
The Alps is spendy but I have Cabelas points burning a whole in my pocket.

Back