22 Creedmoor

I'm primarily a fur guy, hence the reason I shoot primarily .17 cals., but I am interested in something with more reach from time to time. So how ruff on fur are these heavier bullets out of the 22 creed?

Originally Posted By: songdogI'm primarily a fur guy, hence the reason I shoot primarily .17 cals., but I am interested in something with more reach from time to time. So how ruff on fur are these heavier bullets out of the 22 creed?

ME too TR, that's why when I want to reach way out there I pack my 204 !
But I have been thinking about either a 22 or 6 creedmoor lately myself.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: songdogI'm primarily a fur guy, hence the reason I shoot primarily .17 cals., but I am interested in something with more reach from time to time. So how ruff on fur are these heavier bullets out of the 22 creed?

The 80.5 is hard on fur

I'll be putting one together when my new Nucleus action arrives. I'm looking forward to launching all the 75 gr AMax bullets that have been collecting dust on my shelf.

I've found the 80 amaxes to be better on fur when shot 300 yds and further.... but again... that is what the whole thing is built for... everything works fine under 300 yds... there's no need to build one unless you want to reach out there for those sitting on their butts howling and laughing.

I like the Nucleus, but I can’t see it being smoother than the Zermatt Origin. Comparing some of the very best of course... so naturally just pick the one you like.

To me, the Nucleus settles two of the three concerns I had with the Mausingfield.... while retaining that hideous bolt knob.

It doesn’t cost $1600.
It doesn’t have the word “Mausingfield” on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CZ527I like the Nucleus, but I can’t see it being smoother than the Zermatt Origin. Comparing some of the very best of course... so naturally just pick the one you like.

To me, the Nucleus settles two of the three concerns I had with the Mausingfield.... while retaining that hideous bolt knob.

It doesn’t cost $1600.
It doesn’t have the word “Mausingfield” on it.

You sure are hung up on the bolt knob. Teddy has already changed the knob design that it will be shipped with,or you can change it to what ever you'd prefer.

Awww I wouldn’t call it a hang up. I figured with enough dollars it could be changed out. I won’t be buying one either way. I’m Bighorn for life...

Back